Michael Ammot joins Dean Guitars

• Thread starter sami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Dean Guita​rs is proud​ to annou​nce that guita​rist extra​odina​ire Micha​el Amott​ of Arch Enemy​ and Carca​ss has signe​d on with Dean guita​rs.​ Dean CEO Ellio​tt Rubin​son state​s “I have been a fan of Micha​el for some time and we are extre​mely excit​ed that he has decid​ed to make Dean guita​rs his home.​ Micha​el Amott​ is a very well respe​cted guita​rist world​wide and we look forwa​rd to worki​ng very close​ly with him to desig​n his dream​ guita​r.​

“I conta​cted Dean guita​rs said Amott​ as I was looki​ng for the right​ guita​r compa​ny and I knew that if peopl​e like Micha​el Schen​ker,​ Dave Musta​ine,​ Dimeb​ag and Lesli​e West have made Dean their​ home that I neede​d to check​ it out. They sent me two V’s to check​ out and I immed​iatel​y fell in love with them.​ I am sure my new signa​ture guita​r will meet all of my deman​ds as well as the needs​ of my fans aroun​d the globe​.​"

Amott​ is curre​ntly doing​ a Carca​ss reuni​on world​ tour and will be back touri​ng with Arch Enemy​ again​ in Decem​ber.​

Be sure to Stay Tuned​ and be on the looko​ut for the Micha​el Amott​ Signa​ture Guita​r to be unvei​led at NAMM 2009!​

http://www.deanguitars.com/

WEIRD. I woulda never guessed which company he'd join. I own a Dean myself and still find this surprising.

I even saw Carcass recently and it didn't hit me that he was playing a Dean onstage till now:

amott-splash-mailer-1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
Yep, just saw it too myself... I got an e-mail from Dean guitars, and there Michael said that he's sure he'll be pleased with his signature model :scream:

So i guess Dean will be releasing his signature model, and in good luck already next year. Lets hope it'll be better than those Trivium signature models, and the worst thing is that Dean puts there Deans own pu's not the real ones they actually use :noplease:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Yeah, the stock pup in my Dean MLX is shite.... Ammot's main bridge pup is Duncan SH-4s so I'm interested to see if his custom model will have it or their crappy pups.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is YOUR opinion, but if he's happy with em', then you can't really say anything for him :chris:

Yeah, that's totally true... I just think that Dean, as a company, is a little sub-par (exploitation, quality control, etc). I'm sure the guitars and the treatment that Michael will get there are top notch...

However, the quality, production, and the promotion of the signature models they'll release might be another story. I guess time will tell.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
you know, the quality of that company is shown in that quote :rofl:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I knew that if peopl​e like Micha​el Schen​ker,​ Dave Musta​ine,​ Dimeb​ag and Lesli​e West have made Dean their​ home that I neede​d to check​ it out.

With that right there, maybe he shoulda joined DBZ instead??

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
His ESP Ninjas were some of the most badass guitars... Now he's sporting a Schenker V knock off? Not sure what he was thinking, but I'm not him so....

But I mean when Dean himself says he doesn't even like his own company anymore and leaves, I don't think I could be attracted to them. :lol:

Ruins

Reaction score
ESP...to dean???????

EEEPPPPIIICCCCC fail

His ESP Ninjas were some of the most badass guitars... Now he's sporting a Schenker V knock off? Not sure what he was thinking, but I'm not him so....

But I mean when Dean himself says he doesn't even like his own company anymore and leaves, I don't think I could be attracted to them. :lol:

i couldn't agree any more :nuts:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
why didnt he go to Caparison like his brother?...
epic failure

Because Caparison wouldn't pay him the most money. Guys, endorsement deals are rarely about what these guys like the most or what makes them 'happy'. It's about getting paid. You think Mick Thompson volunteered to play Ibanez? They pay him 6 figures. No reason to get worked up over it, it's just business :)

I'm sure he still will play his ESPs and Gibsons in the studio or wherever. I doubt this will last long anyways.

Luan

Reaction score
after all the dean thing, isn't this the worst moment to join them???