Michael Jackson is dead.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
That was only really bad in America, the rest of the world didn't care nearly as much.
In Roman times people only cared about 1 thing when it came to sex, attractiveness. Age, gender, race were not part of the equation.

And in the words of Bill Maher, at the age of 10, I would rather get jerked off by a pop star than get the shit kicked out of me by schoolyard bullies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

1. Jackson helped redefine pop (well, maybe, who knows who turns the gears of pop music behind the scenes, I've never actually seen him constructing music on his own with an instrument or otherwise), and Shuldiner helped redefine the extreme ends of metal assuredly with his own two hands and unmodified voice. Take what you want from that based on what's relevant to your ears.

2. Jackson touched kids. :noway: That'll never be be cool in life or death or in light of someone's musical success or contributions. :noplease:

To be honest he never admitted it and there was no hardcore proof. And those that came forth with such allegations were questionable. So we can't say for certain. You'd want to have all your facts together before you label someone with something that serious. And like I said..for all you know Chuck could have been...you don't know the man personally. Let's not go putting people you DON'T KNOW into any positive or negative lights.

From a musical standpoint I actually hated a lot of Chuck's stuff and whereas I'm not exactly a Jackson fan, lots of his songs were too good to deny. So his passing, while still not earth shattering by any means to me, is still pretty sad news.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^
I'm just going to agree to disagree here and honor Modman Shannon's request. I stand by my original statement, and if we're all going to be pragmatic here, we should accept that his bizarre and sketchy public persona (as opposed to Chuck's, who was highly regarded by almost all who met and knew him... which is why I used him as an example, NOT because he's better or whatever) will likely yield as many jokes as lamentations in the wake of his passing. That's all.

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
RIP a very badly screwed-up and tortured human being. The poor guy was raised as a performing animal by his father, and by all accounts of those who knew him, he was no more than 10 years old mentally and emotionally. He was completely unable to function in society.

CapenCyber

Reaction score
I want coverage on Iran, which now no-one will give 2 shits about, to me the most tragic recent death by far was that of Neda Agha-Soltan.

Sad that MJ died, but he is still only one man and not deserving of the endless attention that will now be heading his way.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
He influenced me musically from a young age, but I seriously didn't see him being very productive or inspiring musically ever again, sad the guy died, however it doesn't effect me a great deal more than when some guy I never knew across the street dies.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I want coverage on Iran, which now no-one will give 2 shits about, to me the most tragic recent death by far was that of Neda Agha-Soltan.

Sad that MJ died, but he is still only one man and not deserving of the endless attention that will now be heading his way.

QFTMFT bro!

i saw the video, it's pretty shocking... fucking ruthless gratuitous violence

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
FYI: Goldblum is not dead... it's an internet hoax. :rolleyes:

Yeah just saw that too :rolleyes: Why him of all people? What complete fuckin tool was sitting there thinking "hmm, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died today, who else could complete this to make it a hat trick...... :idea: JEFF GOLDBLUM!" :lol: Fuckin idiots...