Motorcycle Thread

Burtallica

Reaction score
My ride:
FullSizeRender_3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Kinda gassing for this for the time being.

2016-Yamaha-MT125-EU-Night-Fluo-VR360-023.jpg

Kinda limited since the damn law states the first bike has to be 125cc. Wich is a good thing or i'd be tempted for an mt07. Although the second hand market is extremely interesting by the looks of it.

That's an interesting law. Get ready for slow!

Here is another snap of my bike:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I'm guessing members of SSO aren't really into motorcycles...

Seems like motorcycles went out of fashion here in 2016 :lol:

Anyway, in 2016 ( :lol: ) someone mentioned there being a state law about the first bike having to be 125cc. It's similar over here, you can get an A1-license when you're 16 (which allows you to ride a 125cc bike with 15bhp or less) and that gets automatically upgraded to an A-license when you turn 18. Those normally have a 250cc limit for the first two years, but since you've already had the A1 license for two years at that point, you get the full A-license straight away. So yeah, that's what I did. But I've been driving a car since then, so I haven't had any use for that...

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Have had a good year off of riding bikes after a rather nasty smash involving myself and a 2005 R1 racebike hitting a wall at 200km/h on track (basically just physio and getting everything working again). Currently eyeing off either the new R1 or new BMW S1000RR for the street and the 2019 YZF-R3 as a race bike as my local state is going to be holding a SSP300 production style class. Haven't raced since 2016 so super excited :D

BLD

Bleeding The Weak
Reaction score
Awesome thread! I’ve been riding for a long time and love all different types of bikes. I found the racetrack a couple years ago and bought an R6 to make into a dedicated track-day bike (best money wasting decision ever!). That’s the bike in my Av.

Shortly after, I picked up my first dirt bike and something magic happenned, all my buddies bought dirt bikes too (finally able to ride with my friends). I miss riding street, but selling my rockets and cruisers for a dedicated track bike, and dirt bikes for myself, wife and kids was the best decision I’ve ever made. Wonder what I’ll buy next... Always wanted a ratty looking hardtail, and a V4 superbike!

Currently, I have a 2008 Yamaha R6 (track bike),
2013 GasGas XC300E (awesome 2-stroke enduro),
Yamaha TTR 125 (wife’s bike, and total hoon machine)
Yamaha PW50 (kids 1st bike)

Check out my “feeble public access channel” on Youtube: That Dude Rides.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Hah, I used to have a Yamaha YZ80 dirt bike, about 20 years ago. It was crazy powerful and so light, I could lift it myself. It was a bit difficult to get going though, as the front wheel would pretty much lift of the ground no matter how lightly I accelerated at the start :lol: Well, at least it taught me how to use a clutch. I don't know what kind of speeds I usually did with it, but one time I accidentally came out of the forest on to the main road with a 100km/h speed limit, and I don't recall being overtaken while I rode to the next junction where I went back into the forest :lol:

BLD

Bleeding The Weak
Reaction score
Anyone else here have the same problem deciding between new motorcycle parts and new guitar/studio goodies??? Currently trying to decide on a new seat cover for my enduro (which needs it badly), or a mic pre amp... or maybe new bass strings... 1st world problems!

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else here have the same problem deciding between new motorcycle parts and new guitar/studio goodies??? Currently trying to decide on a new seat cover for my enduro (which needs it badly), or a mic pre amp... or maybe new bass strings... 1st world problems!

This. Having two expensive hobbies/interests is brutal on the wallet.

Reactions: BLD

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Hah, I used to have a Yamaha YZ80 dirt bike, about 20 years ago. It was crazy powerful and so light, I could lift it myself. It was a bit difficult to get going though, as the front wheel would pretty much lift of the ground no matter how lightly I accelerated at the start :lol: Well, at least it taught me how to use a clutch. I don't know what kind of speeds I usually did with it, but one time I accidentally came out of the forest on to the main road with a 100km/h speed limit, and I don't recall being overtaken while I rode to the next junction where I went back into the forest :lol:
Yah the YZ80. Had one as my first bike. Everyone can hear your skills esp w/ that powerband in 2nd (oooooooOOOOOPS-ding-ding-ding-da-dingding). Yikes. Mine kept blowing up because I didn't run it hard enough or I ran it too hard or something. Probably could have used a 4 stroke instead but it was fun.