Movies you've been watching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare- This was a damn fun movie. It was nasty, brutal, abut also had a lot of goofier lighthearted moments (like a lot of Ritchie's films). Cavill and the cast in general seemed to be having a blast filming it. There's a good blend of balls to the wall action and skullduggery/espionage bits. It's pretty obvious that Guy Ritchie would be a great fit for making a Bond film based off this, Man from UNCLE and Operation Fortune.
Definitely worth a watch imo.

jco5055

Reaction score
Just saw Challengers - It was pretty good, I'd give it a 3.5 because it isn't a "really liked it" I give a 4/5, but it is probably like a 3.8 or so if I was being precise.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I only watched it once in the early 2010's, I think, but remember liking it quite a bit. It's one of those movies that I feel like should've gotten more attention but went very unnoticed. I also loved Donnie Darko since seeing it in high school around that time so I liked the vibe Richard Kelly brought to it. Not sure how well it holds up, but I actually remember being impressed with Seann William Scott's performance but should rewatch it for The Rock.
There were some stellar performances in that film. It was the very first time I saw Justin Timberlake an anything other than an annoyance. His performance was solid.

manu80

Reaction score
coming back from The Fall Guy.
Not a huge fan of Ryan Gosling, but I admit he's pretty good in it. The movie is fun, especially if you love movies and cinema in general. Lots of nods and 2nd degree (Tom Ryder? really ;) ), action and it shows a huge love for action movies in general. Pacing could have been a bit better but I guess it's like that nowadays. Lots of dialogues for...the sake of it, even if they're pointless sometimes....
8/10 ;)

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
The Wailing- pretty darn good...
then I watched The Sadness.....also good meta theme....
Bofh of these ended on a hard down note, hard. Kind of like the bad guy wins end of Squid Game. I love the "your choices and selfishness lead you to this" but its so much drama then ending with a down note. Maybe my silly American mind is expecting at least something fun like the ending of The Crazies. Not necessarily a deaus ex machina saving plot twist, just something.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
coming back from The Fall Guy.
Not a huge fan of Ryan Gosling, but I admit he's pretty good in it. The movie is fun, especially if you love movies and cinema in general. Lots of nods and 2nd degree (Tom Ryder? really ;) ), action and it shows a huge love for action movies in general. Pacing could have been a bit better but I guess it's like that nowadays. Lots of dialogues for...the sake of it, even if they're pointless sometimes....
8/10 ;)

Is there a bunch of insane practical shots of Chevy K1500's flying through the air?

manu80

Reaction score
there's a stunt that made me think about it at the end. but the chevy color/look is there in the movie.
don't wanna spoil more details.
Also, if you go and see it, open your ears

MINI SPOILER

(there is a funny noise at a moment, that will remind you of another show back then.Said too much maybe)

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars - it was pretty bad. I see why they made it, but it spent too much time tying up loose ends and giving fan service and too little time having a compelling plot. Felt rushed and cheesy as fuck, despite the clearly much-higher costume and FX budget. Hindsight is 20/20, but the show was better off ending in a cliffhanger.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Ice Pirates, Manhattan Project, and Time Bandits. Watch them. You're welcome.
We just watched Time Bandits a few months back, but it's been literal decades since I've seen Ice Pirates. I should really see if I can get a copy before it disappears forever. That's a damn fine film right there.

I did the Deadpool duo during my week off. Good god. I swear I could watch Ryan Reynolds reading a phone book, if they allowed him to go off-script and comment on each name he came across in his deadpan quippy style.

"Everybody feared the mighty T-Rex."
"Are you there God? It's me, Margaret."
"I should have worn the white pants."
"Dad?"
"Your poor wife!"

Even him just sitting on the edge of the bridge kicking his feet like a toddler as he uses crayons to draw his revenge fantasy, it's just perfection. To say I'm pumped for the new one is an understatement. I'm hoping the pegging joke in the trailer isn't the extent of Ryan's jabs. Now that he's under the umbrella, the best thing Disney could do is say, "Hands off this one. He's our only hope."

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Bullet Train.

This is my kind of movie. Quick, silly writing, an ensemble of goof balls all trying to kill each other, over the top fights mixed with some Jackie Chan-esque comedy sprinkled in. Fantastic.

My one complaint is the last minute before the credits roll where it turns into some Kia or Hyundai commercial or something.

Otherwise, this will likely be my once a year "what should I put on? Oh yeah!" type movie.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Bullet Train.

This is my kind of movie. Quick, silly writing, an ensemble of goof balls all trying to kill each other, over the top fights mixed with some Jackie Chan-esque comedy sprinkled in. Fantastic.

My one complaint is the last minute before the credits roll where it turns into some Kia or Hyundai commercial or something.

Otherwise, this will likely be my once a year "what should I put on? Oh yeah!" type movie.

I saw it in theaters when it came out, expecting it to be a 5-6/10 at the most, dumb fun but nothing to write home about; was utterly floored by how genuinely fun it is. Ladybug feels like Clerks but for an action movie if that makes any sense, as we find out later in the film.

Only downside to it is that they had Joey King as one of the villains and she sucks the life out of anything she's in, no idea who keeps casting her but I'm sure her agent sleeps on a pile of money at Hollywood's stupidity to keep doing it.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Saw the Godzilla x Kong whatever empire. I didn't even finish it. It's not bad, but it's not good. Lots of CGI and very little else. Probably gonna skip the rest from this storyline, but at least the first movie in it was basically exciting.

Also saw Godzilla -1. It was much better, somewhat disproportionate in regard to what I would have preferred to hear about (too much character interest in basic/archetypical characters). Definitely a return to true Godzilla, though.

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, definitely my kind of movie. Fucking loved it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Slogging thru Madame Web because why not, it cost me nothing but time, it's pretty terrible; the beginning is so ham fisted, and the Easter eggs definitely don't line up with MCU so itd be a nightmare if they ever tried to say they're connected/the same.

Seeing the flash forward to all of the Spider women with their suits though, they DO look good, but we all know it won't go anywhere. The Amazon Silk series is dead in the water, and the other non-Spider-man ... Spiderman films are just bad.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Slogging thru Madame Web because why not, it cost me nothing but time, it's pretty terrible; the beginning is so ham fisted, and the Easter eggs definitely don't line up with MCU so itd be a nightmare if they ever tried to say they're connected/the same.

Seeing the flash forward to all of the Spider women with their suits though, they DO look good, but we all know it won't go anywhere. The Amazon Silk series is dead in the water, and the other non-Spider-man ... Spiderman films are just bad.
What're they trying to shoehorn in? I'm sure they're doing so with all of the agility and grace of a drunken Chris Farley attempting to be funny.

Maybe they'll do a Mary Jane solo film and she can make equal pay to Tobey Maguire as Peter fucking Parker.