Mr. Bungle is back?!

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
It's cool that Scott and Lombardo are in on it but I don't really see why a mr bungle reunion would be worth the hype unless it's their actual albums they're touring.
Cash-in move. That’s it. I mean, my questions more so are:
- why choose this random 1986 demo material?
- is this really even considered reunion?
- how did Patton find time for this with everything that he has going on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Cash-in move. That’s it. I mean, my questions more so are:
- why choose this random 1986 demo material?
- is this really even considered reunion?
- how did Patton find time for this with everything that he has going on?

- Because it's such a Mr. Bungle thing to do
- Probably not
- Probably why they're only doing 6 shows

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'd go just to say I went, and to get a replacement for my old Mr. Bungle shirt that got ruined in the laundry.

But not for $200+/ticket, + likely $40 for a shirt.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
My best friends buddy sold me his ticket at face value for the Tuesday show in Brooklyn. I watched video of the first two shows. I am beyond psyched.

zappatton2

Reaction score
That. Was. FUCKING. GREAT. Just a straight up Thrash/Crossover performance and it was incredible.
Glad to hear!! Going with their most obscure material by far is such a Mr. Bungle move. And actually making it work is such a Mr. Bungle result.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I am jealous beyond words. Hope they'll do a tour and come in Canada at some point, I need a Mr Bungle live show experience at least once in my life.

I have this feeling there will be more Bungle in its current thrash form, maybe after Mike finishes the Faith No More tour. They just put up a merch store, and they looked like they had a blast playing these shows.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I saw them on the California tour in '99 in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, confirmed after I heard from friends who saw them both before and after on the same tour, it must have been an "off" night. The venue sucked (It's listed as "The Rave", but that was a single building with 3 venues [top floor was The Eagles Ballroom and where Megadeth and Creed would play, The Rave Bar where I saw Full Devil Jacket, The Rave where I saw MDFMK and Stabbing Westward], and this was in "The Rave underground"...in the basement, with low ceilings, and poor ventillation). The opening band (Dillinger Escape Plan) took sooo fucking long to come out, too. Rumor has it that Mike stormed over to their green room to yell at them to get out to the stage to start playing.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
surely this cannot be as good as the old stuff. surely. can it? maybe it can. Not sure I fancied the FNM restart being so heavily biased and having as many pairs of rose-tinted glasses on as I could fit on my nose. I don't know. Will curiously watch this unfold lol

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
surely this cannot be as good as the old stuff. surely. can it? maybe it can. Not sure I fancied the FNM restart being so heavily biased and having as many pairs of rose-tinted glasses on as I could fit on my nose. I don't know. Will curiously watch this unfold lol

Well first, this is an Exploited cover, and they closed the shows earlier this year with it. Second, technically, this is like "old" Bungle, just not then "old" Bungle you're thinking of. They're re-recording their original demo which was a total thrash/hardcore/death metal record, and they current have Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo in the band now.
I mean, the s/t album is among my favorite records ever (and my almost 5 year old likes some songs on California), but after seeing this lineup in February, I can say without question they can THRASH.