My 45 dollar guitar

• Thread starter minorseventh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

minorseventh

Reaction score
I recently finished this beater. its a pine body I got off ebay for 35 bucks because it had some router slips. the minwax stain cost about 10.00, and I clearcoated it with krylon sealer. everything else I had sitting around the compound. the bridge pickup is a rio grande, the neck is from a Teisco. the bridge was from the cheapest beginner tele ever, and its cut in half. the neck is from an old paddle headstock blank I had, and it originally was cut for a floyd nut. the tuners are from an epiphone, and the control plate cover is a piece of maple. its super light, sounds awesome and dirty, and plays like a shredder. the only problem is the saddle screws are cutting up the side of my hand, so Ill have to swap that out eventually. its just a fun couch/porch guitar.
BEHOLD!
sk2.jpg
sk1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

minorseventh

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words!
the finish is just minwax water based stain, and I think it was called Verdigris. wipe on, wipe off, and a bit of sanding to expose some more of the grain and knots.
Id like to do another pine project because its so light and it sounds great, but it is super soft. without a thick poly finish I dont know how durable this will be over the years.
with this particular guitar though.. who cares!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Add to the DIY aesthetic and solve the saddle screw problem by covering them with electrical tape.