My biggest gig ever is on 9/11

• Thread starter SpaceDock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I am in a bit of a dilemma because the biggest gig of my life to date is coming up on 9/11. :ugh:

My band is sort of shock metal. I often yell "Thank you, Faggots!" at the audience and smash baby carriages with fake blood filled balloons in them with a sledge hammer. It's fairly tasteless and vulgar stuff. We even have some awesome rape songs, so our fans are expecting something over the top. :bowdown:

So, I was wondering how you guys would respond if you saw a band perform on 9/11 and during the last song a paper mache twin towers was unveiled followed by a quick guitar change to guitars with model airplanes attatched to the headstock. I'm shure you know what follows.:fawk:

The towers get pummeled.

I am serious so please don't ban me for this. Please no hate mail, I understand that people dying isn't funny, but shock is the only we get noticed in our shred ruled town.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
personally.. id give that certain thing a miss just for that one day ... unless crossing that line (only just) is wat you want

i wouldnt but then im not in a SHOCK band

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Agreed, what sucks is that we are very good musicians and are a super tight band, but in our town we have Allegeaon, Crow, and a bunch of other super shedder bands. There just doesn't seem to be anymore room for just "good musicianship." :wallbash:

Thats we had to start shocking people. Seriously, two hand sweeping and 220 bpm solos does nothing in this town.

If you guys have some awesome ideas for how to get the crowds attention let me know!:scream:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Having good music is the best attention getter, imo. Most of the times i see those shock bands, it just seems like they're trying too hard to get a reaction.

thedonutman

Reaction score
I don't think it's a great idea to be honest, especially if somebody in the crowd knows someone who was killed and that's not cool. Even if there isn't you'll get a bunch of self righteous guys on your ass anyway.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
YOU SIR!!!!!

Have to play with us! as we are in the exact same "scene"
:)

I am sure many, many people will be "offended" and "disgusted" by your stage act, we always deal with stuff like that (fan backlash) so just be prepared to deal with your actions.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Have to play with us! as we are in the exact same "scene"
:)

I have seen some of your posts and that would be fun.

So, I'm seeing a lot of negative responses, but does anyone have anything more awesome but appropriate?:scratch:

I fully agree that good music is the best attention getter, but a great stage show is necessary in my town for the reasons stated above.

Used666

Reaction score
Horrible idea.

Use your shock value on something pro american and I think it would be a hit

thebhef

King....of....Mountn
Contributor
Reaction score
The twin towers thing might bring you national attention... Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Vstro

Reaction score
Agreed, what sucks is that we are very good musicians and are a super tight band, but in our town we have Allegeaon, Crow, and a bunch of other super shedder bands. There just doesn't seem to be anymore room for just "good musicianship." :wallbash:

Thats we had to start shocking people. Seriously, two hand sweeping and 220 bpm solos does nothing in this town.

If you guys have some awesome ideas for how to get the crowds attention let me know!:scream:

Yeah i don't know about the twin tower idea. I would say your best bet would be to play as well as you can and move as much as you can too. It's always impressive seeing someone shred live but when they do it while going crazy throughout the stage.. well it doesn't get much better then that!

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain

Rock out with your cock out.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
definitely do the osama thing! it´s related to 9/11, but you get the audience on your side about it too, so everyone feels good when you guys smash his head with guitars or whatever :)

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Well coming from a guy that dressed up as a tower with a plane stuck in it for halloween, I say do it!

But don't stop there, make sure at least one of the guys in the band is dressed like osama and have a fake kidney dialysis machine there!

if you are going to shock, then shock them the best you can, or just rely on how well your band plays and get rid of the gimmick. it's your call, but don't go soft on one day of the year sitck up for your ideals.

just sayin...

C

skeletor88

The Devil
Reaction score
I'm with ^^^^

GO FOR IT!!

The whole point of shock is to do stuff that is totally uncalled for and that no one would expect anyone to have the balls to do so.

I'm all for taking shit wayyyyyy to far.

Latest posts