My friend wants to join the forum but the CAPTCHA is impossible

• Thread starter Hyacinth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slash213

Reaction score
thank god i don't have to know how this tuning was colloquially known in 1960s new york or whatever the fuck. let people to use "BEADGBE" and the like

although having a dedicated thread of people unable to even reach the forums is kind of funny. if it's more of a goof than an actual security measure then it's actually cool, but i will certainly forget my password again and will get angry again trying to reset it. actually i am angry already

egemme28

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Are they trying to eliminate users from the platform?

Thank you to the person that shared it. The answer is "low B"

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
That's such a shit answer and not even a real tuning, never once have I referred to a 7-string as being tuned to "low B"
Like not even "B Standard" because that might indicate a 6 string tuning, and "7 Standard" sounds weird and I don't think I've ever even seen someone call it that.

Bad question is bad.

ccelaya

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
kudos to this thread... tried all sorfts of answers, low B did the trick

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Like not even "B Standard" because that might indicate a 6 string tuning, and "7 Standard" sounds weird and I don't think I've ever even seen someone call it that.

Bad question is bad.

I wouldn't be bothered if it was a question a guitarist could potentially answer objectively. There's easier ways to stop bots. The current question is just akin to "Enter the 8 digit code that a friend who is already a member could tell you or you found in this thread."

Toisen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a newcomer who spent almost half an hour trying to register, I can say that I was a hair close to "f**k that, I'm leaving". The question is dumb, the answer is even dumber. Thanks for this thread, but not to the clowns who posted 3 pages of "jokes" with no answer.
Just in case someone finds this thread via Google as I did: the answer is "low B"

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
As a newcomer who spent almost half an hour trying to register, I can say that I was a hair close to "f**k that, I'm leaving". The question is dumb, the answer is even dumber. Thanks for this thread, but not to the clowns who posted 3 pages of "jokes" with no answer.
Just in case someone finds this thread via Google as I did: the answer is "low B"
THANK GOD, someone has posted it. I'm already a member, and if anyone asked me, I'd have no idea. And at this point, I think "Low B" sounds ridiculous, because it almost implies a drop B tuning on a 9, since we've moved well beyond 7 strings in standard being something that needs a "Low" in front of it to signify what the tuning is.

Now, I am going to sign onto that WeakOldMen.org forum, because the answer to the "what do we suffer from" Captcha question that has eluded me is no doubt "Low T"

BabUShka

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I just have to bump this and say DAMN I'm glad I found the right answer by google...!! I managed to lock myself out today and had to send an email to the admin. Felt really stupid when I tried everything and nothing worked, especially THALL .. what the f... 😄

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
I can only imagine how many people tried to sign up and called it quits because the captcha is impossible to answer. Whoever owns the site needs to change that ASAP.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I can only imagine how many people tried to sign up and called it quits because the captcha is impossible to answer. Whoever owns the site needs to change that ASAP.
This site doesn't want quitters - or people that can't figure out a captcha. It is a low bar, but a bar all the same.

4x3

Reaction score
This site doesn't want quitters - or people that can't figure out a captcha. It is a low bar, but a bar all the same.
The forum should welcome anyone wanting to join. A standard captcha is meant to thwart bots, not present users with a riddle that's clearly not understood. Saying the forum doesn't want quitters or people that can't figure out the captcha is belittling and terribly dismissive. I expect more from this community.

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The forum should welcome anyone wanting to join. A standard captcha is meant to thwart bots, not present users with a riddle that's clearly not understood. Saying the forum doesn't want quitters or people that can't figure out the captcha is belittling and terribly dismissive. I expect more from this community.
jum9zr9dxz051.jpg
/s it's just banter