My Warhammer 40K Metal project

• Thread starter Lorcan Ward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Hi guys! I haven't been posting here much lately but I do occasionally lurk. I recently became a dad which doesn't leave much if any free time. Somewhere in the madness of a newborn I thought it would be a good idea to finally finish up and get my music project out since life was only going to get busier. I started it in 2020 when I was reading Warhammer books and had a burst of inspiration for lyric ideas. One thing led to the next and I ended up with a double album of inspired songs. It was originally midi drums/bass etc but I slowly started hiring musicians to give it more of a band feel.

Every song is in a slightly different style to match the charcter/legion concept. It was a lot of fun to explore so many different metal genres and mix it together with my love of sci-fi.

Scythe of the Reaper - A tribute to Alexi Laiho

Men of Iron - Metalcore meets Melodic Death with some Power Metal elements

The Wolves of Fenris - Melodic Death Metal in the style of Ensiferum, In Flames, Aether Realm etc

Unbreakable - Sabaton/Iron Maiden style Power Metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
8b9k9l.jpg

Jk, super cool and I'll check it out! Cool to hear about a longtime project come to fruition.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I dropped a few more tracks if anyone is interested. People seem to really like this project which is a strange feeling.

An industrial metal track inspired by Slipknot, Rammstein, Fear Factory, Mick Gordon and a ton of Nu-Metal bands. I wasn't expecting people to like this one cause it's so different but it's a favourite for many.

Some Power Metal inspired by Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Lindsey Stirling.

Some faster pace Power Metal inspired by Children of Bodom, Firewind, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce

And another Children of Bodom style song with touches of Imperanon and Norther

Chiba666

Reaction score
Nice, I’ve used 40k as inspiration across all 3 of my albums. So much material to draw from and who doesn’t like songs about war that never ends

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Man, I missed this when you posted it in January
Congrats for becoming a dad first, and congrats for pulling out your material, which is very cool!
Looking forward to hear more from you

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this guys! I didn't check the songs out yet but the descriptions sound like something I'd like, so I definitely will next time I get a chance.

And congrats on becoming a dad - it's the biggest pain in the ass in the world, but at the same time it's the most awesome thing in the world :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Excellent songs man! Especially the CoB-style songs, I feel like there's a huge void for that sort of stuff these days.