N(used)GD: Boring Black Ibanez RG7621

• Thread starter Mwoit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I picked this up in Shin-Ōkubo in Tokyo.

I believe it's a '98 RG7621. You know the specs. It costed me roughly £250.

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

e.JPG

f.JPG

I plan on modding it, so new electronics (BKP of sorts with Raw / Aged Nickel or the new EMG 81s).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
with the right cholor scheme, boring black can be classy and beautiful. like my usa jackson sl2h is metallic black , with ebony board, all black hardware,emgs, just murdered out and the pearl logo,inlays,and binding just really make it so classy. I prefer it like that over any other solid finish (except silver swirl and eerie des of course). but some awesome mods on this beauty !!! she appaears to be in fantastic condition for her age, a bit better than the average 7620/7621.

Alex6534

Reaction score
Damn, I've been looking to buy one of these for months with no luck, will be keeping a better eye out. Use to have one but sold it to buy a 7620, now I want the 7621 back :lol:.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Is that just dirt and grime in the first picture?

Just fingerprints. I think. I haven't really cleaned it up since I brought it back, just new strings since it had no strings before I brought it to the airport.

with the right cholor scheme, boring black can be classy and beautiful. like my usa jackson sl2h is metallic black , with ebony board, all black hardware,emgs, just murdered out and the pearl logo,inlays,and binding just really make it so classy. I prefer it like that over any other solid finish (except silver swirl and eerie des of course). but some awesome mods on this beauty !!! she appaears to be in fantastic condition for her age, a bit better than the average 7620/7621.

I'm thinking about the Raw Nicked BKP covers:

t_raw%20nickel.jpg

... Or the new EMG 81 set:

emg-7h-brc_2.jpg

They both look slick.

It seems that we have a tradition that every time we visit Japan we come back home with an instrument.

Well played. :lol: :hbang:

I know! 御茶ノ水 is guitar heaven! Both my Ibanez guitars are from my trips to Tokyo and they are dirt cheap. It's mad. :lol:

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
Sweet snag dude,don't see many of those around anymore.
Enjoy!

I got lucky a month or so ago and found one just like this for a great price. I had only played a 7 stringer once before -- a real cheapy Kramer 7, and it was awful and put me off 7 stringers. But the 7621 is really a great guitar!

Anyway, awesome NGD, congrats!

5thFaceOfBrahma

Reaction score
Sweet price for this beauty. Looks nice and classy, yet 1000 modding ideas are running through my head. Green Dot UV70p or a mirror pickguard giving it that uv777 look, great fit to the silver Ibanez logo on the headstock. You could also get some red Bareknuckles, spicen it up... OMG, I need to mod something ! Oh yeah, hehe... HNGD!