Neural DSP teasing something new (Quad Cortex)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/NeuralDSP/photos/a.358099474677078/748523215634700/?type=3&theater

82233297_748523222301366_2858194654090756096_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Looks more like Archetype: Helix, but yeah lol.
Line 6 definitely hit on something with their user interface, as noted by pretty much every competitor copying it to varying degrees.
I'd be super interested in a hardware modeler from Neural DSP. I love the sound of their plugins, but I'm a hardware guy when it comes to guitar processing. I don't wanna fall in love with a tone and then have to haul a computer around for guitar processing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Line 6 definitely hit on something with their user interface, as noted by pretty much every competitor copying it to varying degrees.

I still find it funny how some competitors were trying to downplay the Helix and just saying it's a gimmick with the big screen and UI.

...And then everyone tries to copy it, or is inspired by it in someway. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a chance this could just be a Helix Native-style plugin, or a mobile deal like Jamup.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Whatever it is it’s going to be good. Right now I’d prefer a suite plugin to load all their plugins so you can pick and choose components from each but a hardware version would be really cool.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
...And then everyone tries to copy it, or is inspired by it in someway. :lol:
knowing how long it take some of these companies from design to production, there's a solid chance they were all headed in similar directions anyways....except for Mooer, I'm pretty sure they just snagged some L6 code and messed with it.
I'd honestly be mega disappointed if it's a mobile thing for phones. To me that shit is lame.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'd say there's about 0.000000001% L6 is gonna open up the platform to third parties for modeling, but there is a chance, I suppose.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
I'd be super interested in a hardware modeler from Neural DSP. I love the sound of their plugins, but I'm a hardware guy when it comes to guitar processing. I don't wanna fall in love with a tone and then have to haul a computer around for guitar processing.
This is why am HX Stomp competitor by them would be awesome.