Neural DSP teasing something new (Quad Cortex)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Man if you want captures buy a Kemper for less? :lol:

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Man if you want captures buy a Kemper for less? :lol:

A pic leaked today of the pedal format IK Multimedia is putting out for ToneX. Not shamelessly plugging my forum, but if you click the link below there’s a thread about it.

$500 pedal, 3 footswitches, holds about 490 captures, looks about the size of a Stomp.

08D3482C-1BB4-45CC-A0F5-653CFB8E293A.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vaguely interested in the QC lately, at least from a technology standpoint. I'm a capture/profile guy, so Fractal/Helix doesn't scratch the itch.

Was curious how legit the pedal capturing is? I have literally zero complaints about the KPA but pedal capturing would be kinda neat. I'm usually the type to just buy the gear to demo it side-by-side but $1600+ on a QC just to play it for a week and take the hit trying to sell (they don't seem to be selling great lately) seems a bit much.

Tbh, the old concerns about long term support are still there; maybe even more so than original. Feels like it'll never have 100% of the launch features, muchless the unexpected added features a KPA/Helix/FAS unit have all had over their lifecycle. Very real concern the QC becomes obsolete dead tech with no support.

Also still don't love the layout. I like a head style modeler (will settle for a rack). Can't get over a pedal on a desk or leaning over to tweak shit at home, no desktop interface etc.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Vaguely interested in the QC lately, at least from a technology standpoint. I'm a capture/profile guy, so Fractal/Helix doesn't scratch the itch.

Was curious how legit the pedal capturing is? I have literally zero complaints about the KPA but pedal capturing would be kinda neat. I'm usually the type to just buy the gear to demo it side-by-side but $1600+ on a QC just to play it for a week and take the hit trying to sell (they don't seem to be selling great lately) seems a bit much.

Tbh, the old concerns about long term support are still there; maybe even more so than original. Feels like it'll never have 100% of the launch features, muchless the unexpected added features a KPA/Helix/FAS unit have all had over their lifecycle. Very real concern the QC becomes obsolete dead tech with no support.

Also still don't love the layout. I like a head style modeler (will settle for a rack). Can't get over a pedal on a desk or leaning over to tweak shit at home, no desktop interface etc.
Don’t have the QC so I can’t exactly comment on my own use, but for captures only the general consensus has been that the new IK multimedia ToneX pedal is better. Again, if captures are your only concern. That would save you a decent chunk of change even if it’s not the form factor you want. You could at least integrate it with the software as well.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score

Buy it from Sweetwater and if you don’t like it, just return it and pay for shipping back.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t have the QC so I can’t exactly comment on my own use, but for captures only the general consensus has been that the new IK multimedia ToneX pedal is better. Again, if captures are your only concern. That would save you a decent chunk of change even if it’s not the form factor you want. You could at least integrate it with the software as well.

Just testing the software, some Tonex captures sound and feel absolutely fantastic. There's a lot of crap as well, of course, but that's the nature of the beast.