New Archspire anyone?

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I'm seriously addicted to the new Archspire album, amazing how such brutal technical metal can also sound catchy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Love it. I think all the stuff I love has elements that people either love or hate - the vocals are it here it seems. I wasn't aware so many people don't get on with them. Olis vocals are probably the sole reason I still listen to Archspire and get such energy from them after largely getting bored of techdeath and finding it in general dull. They are an amazing band of course, but his vocals drive the tracks for me.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really that into tech death. I knew a little about Archspire before this album was announced. I've been following Deans YouTube channel for a while now, and I really like Dean (and Claire too in the videos they do together), so when the preorders for Bleed The Future went online I basically took a "leap of faith" and ordered a vinyl of it.

I didn't really expect to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised after my first listen :)
There's some seriously enjoyable writing and musicianship on that album. I thoroughly enjoyed my first listen :hbang:
Good length too for a non-tech death guy like me. It doesn't wear you out or overstays its welcome! It's just a well placed tech death punch in the face that leaves you hungry for more.
...imho, of cause! :coffee:

Got a clear and black marbled version of the vinyl. Sounds absolutely killer.
Archspire vinyl.png

Mathemagician

Reaction score
This band is making me want an 8-string. Literally just to learn their stuff.

I'm not really that into tech death. I knew a little about Archspire before this album was announced. I've been following Deans YouTube channel for a while now, and I really like Dean (and Claire too in the videos they do together), so when the preorders for Bleed The Future went online I basically took a "leap of faith" and ordered a vinyl of it.

I didn't really expect to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised after my first listen :)
There's some seriously enjoyable writing and musicianship on that album. I thoroughly enjoyed my first listen :hbang:
Good length too for a non-tech death guy like me. It doesn't wear you out or overstays its welcome! It's just a well placed tech death punch in the face that leaves you hungry for more.
...imho, of cause! :coffee:

Got a clear and black marbled version of the vinyl. Sounds absolutely killer.
View attachment 99812

In true old school slayer fashion: If they played slower the album would be longer and still have plenty of riffs to steal.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I think they definitely went above and beyond musicly on this album but the vocals don't do much for me outside a few songs.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
After listening to this album several times and letting it really sink in, I've gotta say, I actually love his vocals. I know they're a bit much for some people, but he really does add something to the music. For all the people saying he doesn't have any range, just listening to the first track alone he's doing stuff other than the fast stuff. He's got some pretty good highs and lows. All in all, I wouldn't have it any other way. Dude is extremely talented.

Sammy J

Reaction score
Initial listen was solid, but nothing really stays with me. I guess that’s true for a lot of initial tech death listens though. I’ll give it another go.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I just recently got into these dudes, because of Drone Corpse Aviator. Bought their back catalogue, and then the new album. They keep getting better and better! The new album slays, and the vocals are awesome!

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been cranking dem boyz since mutation came out. One of my fav "modern" bands. This one did not disappoint. Vocals - yes, defo an an acquired taste, sometimes I just listen to guitar play-throughs on youtube lol.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These guys are local to me , so thanks to everyone here supporting them . While I haven't seen them myself yet , I plan on it soon !

Rosal76

Reaction score
This band is making me want an 8-string. Literally just to learn their stuff.

I've been having the exact same thoughts :lol: Would be useful for AAL too.

Fortiz music transcriptions released a Beyond creation: Algorythm guitar tab book back in 2019 and that's what prompted me to get a 8 string guitar. I have been seriously thinking of getting the 3 Archspire tab books from Sheet Happens because I don't use the 8 string guitar I have too much.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Fortiz music transcriptions released a Beyond creation: Algorythm guitar tab book back in 2019 and that's what prompted me to get a 8 string guitar. I have been seriously thinking of getting the 3 Archspire tab books from Sheet Happens because I don't use the 8 string guitar I have too much.

Most of their material is completely playable on a seven isn't it? IIRC Dean hardly used the low string and Tobi uses a seven exclusively.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Tobi moved to an 8, and a lot of their tasty riffs will have passing notes on the lowest string if it’s Dean’s riff.

I may buy one of the older books for greater % playable on a 7.

It may be time to tune my 7 below B standard. A wild time awaits.