new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I can see them now. That's not as much material as I thought. Still would need an expert though. I'm thinking maybe more hassel than it's worth. Thanks for the picts.

no problem brother. and i do agree, if you actually use your trems or think you will eventually use them, this mod is definitely not one you want. Hell, i wouldnt even recommend it to the "hard tail" trem folks either, unless they just REALLY hate the feel of the Edge Zero. While not as amazing as the LoPro, i would at least give the Edge Zero credit for being damn near equal in quality. To get the EZ into a usable fashion on my RGD, after locking it down, i screw all the fine tuners as far in as they'll go, and then back them out exactly 1.5 rotations (i score a line on my fine tuners to help with making extremely small adjustments). This gives me the lowest saddle height to make them parallel with the body, while leaving me just enough room for adjusting them individually.

i will say this, to the average person, this mod is completely unnecessary, which is why i get so much salt when I mention it anywhere. its not without its own merits as they are absolutely right that its unneccesary. This is a personal preference choice of mine and is most likely shared by very few other folks. trust me, Id rather have a replica body built for a guitar but only have it routed for the Fixed Edge LoPro, but you cant buy that bridge directly anywhere. You have to pretty much buy one of the 3-4 models that Ibanez released with them (the first generation MTM1, and JS2000 are the most widely known) in order to obtain one and thats a pretty pricey move just to take the bridge out.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Except my LACS 7 has black covered PAFs as I took EMGs out. Not my thing.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Use a luminlay charger for better glow!

Attachments

• 449E523E-61DD-4594-AB5C-9ABE00A35B71.jpeg
    449E523E-61DD-4594-AB5C-9ABE00A35B71.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 49

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it is not the first time Axepalace mention luminlays on the specs and the guitar does not come with it. Same happend to the Transpurple US Schecter.
Unfortunate, however, these companies that work with dealers on limited runs do not always have the best communication. Its very easy for a little detail to get lost in translation. Roll with the punches bro. The AP and Nick have always done a great job and fixed whatever mistakes have been made right, wrong or indifferent. Hands down best dealer to work with. There should be more shops like his.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
@soldierkahn she shines bright!...

its great since i keep my room pitch black all the time, with only blacklight on, and it makes everything pop like in the picture lol. they charge superfast under UV light than Natural sunlight though. While I cant do anything about the aging on the binding around the body and neck, I can at least have all the inlays replaced with new Luminlays dots. With them being 20yrs old, they arent glowing as brilliantly as they did when they were fresh. So while she is undergoing her refret, im gonna have the inlays updated. Not to mention, for some reason they chose blue for the binding, and green for the inlays. i have no idea why.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
... different plastic chemistry...?

theres generally two different primary glow materials used in inlays and binding, blue or green. the bindings are blue glow in the dark, and the inlays are green glow in the dark. if you look hard enough in the pic, you can tell theyre different colors

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Why do you need a fret wrap on a locking nut ?
? I'm not understanding what a locking nut would do that would negate the reason to use a fretwrap? The strings still vibrate past the nut, locked or not, and they'll also vibrate before the nut during solo passages and things, that this would still clean up.