New build - HENT one piece 7string!

• Thread starter wintersun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay it, that's for sure. But it isn't the most expensive bass Ritter has ever done, not by a long shot. But somebody bought it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wintersun

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay it, that's for sure. But it isn't the most expensive bass Ritter has ever done, not by a long shot. But somebody bought it.

Guy knows how to make a business I suppose lol.

I've seen similarly priced signature guitars that people spent fortune on, only to realize that there is really nothing special about them, even to a point that they sounded noticeably inferior to the other regularly priced guitars they had. Ah well.

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not all that into super high priced guitars. I like Ritter basses because they have a style that I like. I'd never buy one, but I sure like looking at them.

Anyway, I posted the photo because I thought it was a cool looking instrument, and seemed a bit related to what you are having built. I like the idea of building a one-piece instrument. I want to do it some day, but I think I'm going to go with walnut. I have seen a 1-piece Cocobolo guitar. It was pretty swank.

jeleopard

Reaction score
The price of that thing is hugely unrealistic IMO (20k euros, as it was mentioned). I can't see what could possibly make it that worth.

iirc, Ritters are 100% custom. Custom parts, strings, very select woods, and the sound of Ritters make women orgasm.

So there's that.

wintersun

Reaction score
Yo guys

Here are a few more pics.. the fingerboard is complete!

Oh wait, now I realize I forgot to mention that it will be scalloped. Ah well :)

More in 2 weeks!

lK2Db9Z.jpg

HWkibGK.jpg

ocYZGDm.jpg

gIUMwsJ.jpg

zsGMv7c.jpg

nO1EPIL.jpg

esQGHeC.jpg

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Just thinking about it, the joke "Now, I just need remove everything that isn't a guitar," has probably never been as true.

Man, good to see some scallops. I liked them on a guitar I had.

wintersun

Reaction score
Just thinking about it, the joke "Now, I just need remove everything that isn't a guitar," has probably never been as true.

Man, good to see some scallops. I liked them on a guitar I had.

I think scallops are probably the best thing I have ever discovered related to guitars. There is so much misunderstanding about them - most people think that its hard to control the tone, and that if you press harder, you make a change in pitch. This is absolute nonsense, because, unless you are god damn hulk OR using very light strings, you will probably never manage to bend the note like that. MAYBE on the first couple frets, but also very unlikely.

I would never go back to the ordinary fretboards again :) any shredder would absolutely have to try this.

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
That thing is gonna be heavy as dicks, dude. I can hardly bear my alder body/maple neck with a floyd guitar, I can't imagine having that thing! Looking pretty awesome though!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Neat concept and looking nice.

As far as scallops go, yes, you can indeed sharp notes. Just like on jumbo frets, you can sharp notes. Yes- you need to be ham handed, but no, it is not impossible. A lot of folks are ham handed too.

Jumbo frets largely eliminate the need for a scalloped board, as you never touch the board with them anyway. Most 'medium jumbos' are enough to stop me from every touching a fretboard.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hmm, that neck is really thick. What do they call that profile - modern square wave? Seems like he could thin it out a tad.

Joking aside, I'm most excited about that full scallop. I have a guitar with full scallops and it's so weird feeling to play. Cool choice on that!

wintersun

Reaction score
Neat concept and looking nice.

As far as scallops go, yes, you can indeed sharp notes. Just like on jumbo frets, you can sharp notes. Yes- you need to be ham handed, but no, it is not impossible. A lot of folks are ham handed too.

Jumbo frets largely eliminate the need for a scalloped board, as you never touch the board with them anyway. Most 'medium jumbos' are enough to stop me from every touching a fretboard.

Glad you like it! :)

Yeah, like I said, you CAN sharp them, but only on the lower strings, or if you have very light strings. I mean, ok, theoretically you could sharp them anywhere if you press REALLY hard - but I don't see why would you tho.

The only string I used to have that was constantly prone to sharping, both on jumbos and scallops, was a .56 low B. But, once I started using balanced sets (10s with .68 low B and 50 low E) I never had any problems with sharping. Especially now when I moved to balanced 11s :D For me its nearly impossible to sharp them after 5th fret. Maybe i'm just not strong enough lol :D

wintersun

Reaction score
Hmm, that neck is really thick. What do they call that profile - modern square wave? Seems like he could thin it out a tad.

Joking aside, I'm most excited about that full scallop. I have a guitar with full scallops and it's so weird feeling to play. Cool choice on that!

Don't you make jokes about my brand new signature not C, not D, but E shaped neck! :fawk:

wintersun

Reaction score
That thing is gonna be heavy as dicks, dude. I can hardly bear my alder body/maple neck with a floyd guitar, I can't imagine having that thing! Looking pretty awesome though!

Hey, thanks!

But, even with all this wood uncut, Its really not that heavy, turst me! weird, but its true. :nuts:

wintersun

Reaction score
Actually they are... Zacharys :ugh: :lol:

Haven't tried Strandbergs yet, but I must admit that Zacharys are quite good!