New Cannibal Corpse album coming (Plus Erik Rutan now an official member)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Erik is the greatest death metal guitarist of all time in my opinion so this is a boon for Corpse in a way, but sad for Pat. As said, I don't think being in a band would do him any favours. The new track is sick and Rutan absolutely rips on it.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
How come I heard no mention of Erik Rutan whenever this song dropped? OH HELL YEAH.

I was really sad to see the news about Pat when it all come out a year or so ago...really hope that he gets the help that he needs, but man, this is some great news. I am super excited to see where the go from here. Like someone mentioned earlier - seeing some dual Rutan/Corpsegrinder vocals would be absolutely mental, though I doubt that would happen.

The new song is really good, I haven't followed CC in recent years (and most modern DM in general really) but Cannibal has always been one of my favorite death metal acts growing up, so I'm going to be checking out the new record when it drops for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Everyone's saying dual vocals wouldn't happen like it hasn't happened before. Erik's got vocals on a CC song with Corpsegrinder.

Hopefully it happens more often

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
How come I heard no mention of Erik Rutan whenever this song dropped? OH HELL YEAH.

I was really sad to see the news about Pat when it all come out a year or so ago...really hope that he gets the help that he needs, but man, this is some great news. I am super excited to see where the go from here. Like someone mentioned earlier - seeing some dual Rutan/Corpsegrinder vocals would be absolutely mental, though I doubt that would happen.

The new song is really good, I haven't followed CC in recent years (and most modern DM in general really) but Cannibal has always been one of my favorite death metal acts growing up, so I'm going to be checking out the new record when it drops for sure.
He was playing live with them, but when this song dropped I think they announced Erik at the same time.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Hate Eternal and Cannibal Corpse are my two favorite death metal bands. This is awesome.

ECGuitars

Reaction score
Love the song, but confused at some of the mix choices, namely almost the entire lack of a kick drum

Reaction score
Love the song, but confused at some of the mix choices, namely almost the entire lack of a kick drum
Didn't really notice until you said something. Then again I'm listening on studio monitors.

It's there but it is kinda buried in the mix

p88

Reaction score

Yea, I noticed that too. I'm wondering whether the kick drums will be bumped up a bit in the final release mix, or whether that's just what they were going for...

As much as I love Erik Rutan's stuff and the albums he produced for CC, the sound they had on A Skeletal Domain was their best in recent years (imo of course) - the drums sound killer and everything just sounds so clear and articulate.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

a8af6dc9a468543567dbd9651693a79e.jpg

Karg

Reaction score
Yeah, There is a serious lack of low end on the song. I really like the new song, but when I listened to other metal bands afterward, you can really tell.