New CRYPTOPSY Teaser

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
can't stop watching the trailer. This has everything that I loved about cryptopsy

Semichastny

Reaction score
Guitar work sounds like Commit Suicide and JFAC, I like but this is pretty much standard technical first-wave deathcore.

Richie666

Reaction score
Oh man, heaviest shit I've heard on a strat. Nothing like hearing awesome material from a supposedly dead band.

By the way, Once Was Not is a sweet album.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar work sounds like Commit Suicide and JFAC, I like but this is pretty much standard technical first-wave deathcore.

what the flying fuck are you talking about? first-wave deathcore? This sounds like cryptosy from 10 years ago. Death metal, pure and simple.

sahaal

Reaction score
unbelievably excited, that first tremolo riff :wub:

edit: that zombie scream at the end, Lord Worm would be proud!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score

4706853733_6b06f9bff7_b.jpg

Now all they have to do is to get rid of McGachy and bring DiSalvo back, uhhm not Lord Worm (worst vocal timing ever, even though the voice itself is very original). Just my 2 cents.

although i have to agree with the lord worm comment, i much like the vocals on this than anything DiSalvo did, really didn't like his sound, pretty much everything in this teaser i like, period, it fits and works perfectly

Sikthness

Reaction score
I think Im the only Cryptopsy fan in the world who prefers DiSalvo to their other vocalists. Dude was intense!

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I think Im the only Cryptopsy fan in the world who prefers DiSalvo to their other vocalists. Dude was intense!

I dont listen to extreme metal anymore, but when I did, Whisper Supremacy was the only Cryptopsy album I liked and it was mostly because of DiSalvo.

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
Looking forward to this!

See what happens when an awesome force returns in a band? Now if only Doug Cerrito would go back to Suffocation....

Sikthness

Reaction score
I dont listen to extreme metal anymore, but when I did, Whisper Supremacy was the only Cryptopsy album I liked and it was mostly because of DiSalvo.

I slightly prefer ..And Then Youll Beg, but Whisper Supremacy is criminally underated. Its brutal record. Serpents Coil :hbang::hbang::hbang:

sahaal

Reaction score
personally I think it's kinda hard to compare either Worm or DiSalvio as they have 2 very different vocal styles, but in this McGachy kinda sounds like a mix of both. I approve

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score

:fawk::noway::noway::nuts:

So you have been listening to extreme metal for a week or two now?

so you are comparing a band that pioneered this style with treat of the week type bands? you my friend know nothing and should keep fuckin moving on.

As for the new singer, he does have a Lord worm and DiSalvo mix, and I dig that for sure.

I've watched this trailer a million times, it might be a bit of Canadian pride, but I FUCKING can't wait for this,

and no Sikthness I like Lord worm Cryptopsy and his stage presence but I prefer Mike DiSalvo so you are not the only one! :evil: