New Custom 6'er in the Works! (Redwood/Limba whhaaaaaaa)

• Thread starter Watty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
It almost looks like muscle tissue, with the grain fibers and all. :eek: Looking awesome! Can't to see how it turns out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
So, top's just about done. Moving onto the satin momentarily. Check out the curls!

217c796a-1965-4f04-afeb-4cd27d625e9b_zpsa3dd134e.jpg

Purelojik

Reaction score
god i love redwood but after making a redwood topped guitar, its the most frustrating thing to sand cause it sands differently around the body

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
god i love redwood but after making a redwood topped guitar, its the most frustrating thing to sand cause it sands differently around the body

Yeah, based on our conversations, it sounds like he spent a good amount of time getting the final sanding done because of that fact.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
So Tyler just sent me a video of the top's finish, which is now done. The initial stained color has mellowed out just a bit and it looks awesome.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the video and god damn its amazing. The back of the neck looks awesome!

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
I hadn't been able to keep up with this with school starting... found my way back and I would just like to say:

/life

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Tyler posted both videos on his FB page in pretty good quality if you want to check them out!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Annnnnd Buffed. Assembly should start tomorrow if everything's good and final setup should happen Thursday. Tyler's probably going to have a fellow forumite give it a test run on camera for his website and I should have it in hand by next weekend. With a thorough NGD to follow! (For those that just joined us, this is getting a BK Nailbomb in the bridge and a VHII in the neck (black covers w/chrome poles) and a ruthenium finished Schaller Hannes in addition to black knobs. I figure it'll look CLASS when it's all said and done, though I'm almost thinking I should have opted for covers with no poles showing....

IMG_3291_zps7def340f.jpg

IMG_6997_zps43699167.jpg

teamSKDM

Reaction score
One of the few guitars that I wouldn't change a single thing about. Except maybe pickup selection to bkp warpigs for personal preference, but this is one of the most gorgeous guitars ever I keep coming back. This has to win the next guitar of the month.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
One of the few guitars that I wouldn't change a single thing about. Except maybe pickup selection to bkp warpigs for personal preference, but this is one of the most gorgeous guitars ever I keep coming back. This has to win the next guitar of the month.

Well thanks man.

Suitable

Reaction score
Damn!!! The only thing I dont like about it is that its missing a string... Otherwise it would be guitar of the month for sure! Whats his facebook page to check out this vid?

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score