New Halo's - eights, nines and tens?

• Thread starter BryanBuss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
$30 for 4 strings? Damn. People must really want that high A :lol:

*Disclaimer: This is in no way a shot at you Gary, I realize you have a lot of time into these strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
$30 for 4 strings? Damn. People must really want that high A :lol:

*Disclaimer: This is in no way a shot at you Gary, I realize you have a lot of time into these strings.

We are talking about a functional plain steel A440 string at 30". Who sells those anyway?

It is really easy to pull things out of context.
A) 30" is the bass guitar's "short scale". You will find other bass length strings selling for $5 each or more. Urklvt's guitar has a 30" scale.

B) Urklvt forgot to mention that I shipped them to Germany from California and that is a good part of that $30.00

C) I had to hand make the strings. I have to stop what I am doing to do this so someone can have a high A string.

Gary...

I told you on the phone when you called me that we had not sold any with a high A string on it. As we sell them standardly to tune with a Lower string on it.

When you called told me what was on the guitar when it was shipped out, I asked you if you would like me to send you some strings.

You said, you have already placed one of yours on it.

Then we talked about the possibility of Halo offering guitars with a high A on it and offering them with your strings and you said you wanted to schedule a trip up here and talk about it. I said cool let me know when you wanna come up. You neither sounded upset, confused or anything.

You said the guitar was great and that you liked the kahler bridge system and that the top loading was perfect for your strings.

We also talked about the thickness of the neck on the "Prototype" you bought and I told you how the production series have a thinner neck.

The ad in question is not for a PRODUCTION GUITAR as it clearly says it is a proto type and you also know this as I told you numerous times that it was a proto type.

I told you that I would be happy to offer the Octavia with your high A strings on them, if I could get a sample and prices on them. I still mean that. So as soon as you get me that information the sooner I will buy some from you and offer a version to everyone with a high A.

Anywho....

Glad you like your guitar, just wanted everyone to know I did offer to send you strings.

"I asked you if you would like me to send you some strings. "

I don't remember you offering to send me anything, Waylon. Maybe I missed that. Yes the guitar is wonderful. No, it can't tune to A4 with the string that came with it. Yes, I would like you to send me several strings that can tune to A440 at the 26" scale. That would only make sense.

This has nothing to do with my strings. I thought the poster ad reads B-A tuning. Yet a .010 came on the guitar, inspite of post #215.
So it was an oversight. Please send me 4 or 5 of your high A strings.
I will pay you for them.
Thank you

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Please send me 4 or 5 of your high A strings.
I will pay you for them.
Thank you

As i said I do not have many of them as we do not currently sell anything tuned to a HIGH A. All I have are some sample strings. And by all means you can have them. They are useless in my shop as I do not sell anything to date tuned to a HIGH A and these strings I am not happy with.

Please let me know what prices your strings are and how I can buy some. As mentioned before if you get me your pricing and tell me how many you have I will by them from you and offer a guitar tuned to high A.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
We are talking about a functional plain steel A440 string at 30". Who sells those anyway?

It is really easy to pull things out of context.
A) 30" is the bass guitar's "short scale". You will find other bass length strings selling for $5 each or more. Urklvt's guitar has a 30" scale.

B) Urklvt forgot to mention that I shipped them to Germany from California and that is a good part of that $30.00

C) I had to hand make the strings. I have to stop what I am doing to do this so someone can have a high A string.

You obviously didn't read my disclaimer.

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
As i said I do not have many of them as we do not currently sell anything tuned to a HIGH A. All I have are some sample strings. And by all means you can have them. They are useless in my shop as I do not sell anything to date tuned to a HIGH A and these strings I am not happy with.

Please let me know what prices your strings are and how I can buy some. As mentioned before if you get me your pricing and tell me how many you have I will by them from you and offer a guitar tuned to high A.

Please send me your samples. I will get some very functional high A strings to you as soon as they become available so anyone who orders a 7,8,9,or 10-string Halo can have the option of having a high A, even at 28"-30".

Thanks

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a note, I believe Waylon leaves tomorrow for Korea for two weeks, so don't be surprised if it takes a while before he responds to this (no idea if he'll have net access while he's there or not or how busy he'll be).

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
You obviously didn't read my disclaimer.
"$30 for 4 strings? Damn. People must really want that high A "
Yes I did. Urklvt didn't pay $30 for 3 or 4 strings. Nobody ever paid me $30 for 4 strings .

Just a note, I believe Waylon leaves tomorrow for Korea for two weeks, so don't be surprised if it takes a while before he responds to this (no idea if he'll have net access while he's there or not or how busy he'll be).

I look forward to receiving his high A string samples when he can send them. Did I misread the first post here?
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gu...ng-prototype-tuning-b-e-d-g-b-e-26-scale.html

I want these strings so bad... You can send them to Brazil? Maybe by Fedex?:idea:

When the release versions are done, we can send them anywhere. Just send me a pm

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some new 10 string concepts for the Halo 10 string. Which one do you guys like. Give me feed back. These are 30" scale 27 fret. :hbang: :shred:
10s1.gif
10s2.gif

Just keeping you all posted. It needs some tweeking but this is the first ten string Halo.

Oh and tech i need your phone number so i can call you pm it to me.

Oh and Gary I want to buy some strings so let me know if you have some i can get.

xsiprogress.jpg

Reactions: XEN

Garry Goodman

8-0ctaves
Reaction score
Nice looking 10-string!
New strings tested at 28" and tuned to Bb4, 466.16 Hz are undergoing final tests with the new ball ending process. They should be available before the end of the year. The 30" scale A440 strings will probably be available just in time for NAMM. For inquiries , octave4plus@gmail.com is best.

D

Desecrated

The upper horn kills it for me, but the fretboard looks really nice.

Katharos

Banned
Reaction score
IMO option B resembles a few basses out there, I would go with A, but I think Desecrated is right about the upper horn....Awesome guitar nevertheless.