New Kittie single music video

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Finally. So sick of hearing dudes play the same riff for three minutes straight. Good for them.

Reaction score
Me vibing to the new Kittie drop:
FB_IMG_1708395740105.jpg

Kittie is the reason I got into music and learned to play guitar.

Now...that being said.. I don't wanna be "that guy" in a thread about an all female metal band but...whereas I think Tara is a great addition to the band her leads are always so lackluster. It reminds me of when you're a kid in a band with friends and there's the one guitarist who's just a little more advanced but nothing amazing, but to his friends who can barely play they think he's a shredder so he gets put in the lead guitar slot and expected to make solos. He's doing the best he can and hoping no one calls him on the fact that he's not really that amazing. That's how I see her lead work. It's always like she's burdened with coming up with a solo they carved out space for and she's just trying to fill that space while praying no one catches on that she's struggling.

Last edited:

spilla

Reaction score
Now...that being said.. I don't wanna be "that guy" in a thread about an all female metal band but...whereas I think Tara is a great addition to the band her leads are always so lackluster. It reminds me of when you're a kid in a band with friends and there's the one guitarist who's just a little more advanced but nothing amazing, but to his friends who can barely play they think he's a shredder so he gets put in the lead guitar slot and expected to make solos. He's doing the best he can and hoping no one calls him on the fact that he's not really that amazing. That's how I see her lead work. It's always like she's burdened with coming up with a solo they carved out space for and she's just trying to fill that space while praying no one catches on that she's struggling.

Why do i feel so attacked reading this? lol

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Steve Lukather would have cut those solos if they would have just picked up the phone.
And paid him.
But he probably would have enjoyed doing it.
For fun. And money.

gnoll

Reaction score
It doesn't work for me. It feels like it's lacking attitude and without that the music doesn't have enough going on to be interesting.

I went back and listened to Spit after this and that has 1000x the attitude this new song does.

Reaction score
Lmao of course I posted this in the wrong thread initially

This isn't exactly nu metal Kittie but it isn't extreme Kittie either. Sounds like something from Oracle or until the end

It's a good song. Look at Morgan hitting the high notes. Her singing has definitely gotten a lot stronger and it's cool to see the band progressing.

sleewell

Reaction score
i love kittie so much. we were at rehearsal the other day just talking before getting started. my buddy says that new KL with Poppy is sweet. i said how much i love both of them. he put on poppy's version of spit. i was like yea this is good, have you heard the original. he was like i dont think its a cover so i put kittie and on notched another win for the old guy in the room hahaha.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
The first gutteral scream made me mean mug a little.

I remember Kittie coming out in high school, checking out the CD, but not really getting hooked on it at the time. I wouldn't say that I disliked the first album, it just didn't quite hook me. That being said, hearing them on Liquid Metal SXM and seeing that they're dropping new videos is cool. There is a touch of nostalgia, but it also sounds like they have grown a bit more modern without straying too far from roots.

Overall, I approve. :agreed::yesway::hbang:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Kittie really have undergone a re-evaluation haven't they. Fair play.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

atsm58agkyt6vcbmynm0.jpg

So GuitarWorks is selling a guitar they made formerly owned and used by Morgan.

Reaction score

atsm58agkyt6vcbmynm0.jpg

So GuitarWorks is selling a guitar they made formerly owned and used by Morgan.
I question the story on this. Not to sound like a total nerd but she pretty much played her Gibson gothic flying V and a GW guitar that had cat paw inlays. I've never seen her have one with a scorpion on it. Perhaps she did own that one but it must have been a backup or something. Besides the whole point of owning a Morgan Lander guitar would be to have the guitar she's known for...which would be the 3 pickup version with cat paws, a big block bridge and that big ass metal knob on the front.

belated-happy-41st-birthday-to-kittie-lead-singer-morgan-v0-gs6nsj1ucmaa1.jpg

Last edited:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Not real familiar with the band but the song in the OP was cool. The bridge was sort of the riff from Tool's Part Of Me, but I suppose not many drop D riffs would sound entirely new under the sun.