New Limited Edition PRS Tremonti Baritone

• Thread starter The 1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Getting caught up in the wording seems silly. The specs are clear, so if you like the scale then yay.

But BOOO to PRS for not releasing a Tremonti 7-string. Come on already. Make a production USA 7-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Getting caught up in the wording seems silly. The specs are clear, so if you like the scale then yay.

But BOOO to PRS for not releasing a Tremonti 7-string. Come on already. Make a production USA 7-string.

I agree with all of this. :agreed:

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
I am excited for this model. I love my Tremonti model more than any guitar I've ever owned, and one with a longer scale and a fixed bridge would be awesome for drop B stuff.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
It may be tuned to c#, but they never said which octave.

I miss the like button :lol:

I just saw Alter Bridge a few weeks ago, but from what I could tell, Mark was still using his regular models and that one wacky shaped custom model. The baritone marketing seems weird to me, but there's no doubt that it's a sexy guitar and pretty unique for a PRS :yesway:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window

They have no excuse by now. Waring, Holcomb, Tremonti, and a few other dudes all have 7 string PRS guitars that are NOT SEs. And I don't want a Private Stock, just a core line USA 7, 25.5 in scale. Even in limited runs just to get some more of them out there. I know it's not a huge market of theirs but considering the amount of SEs they've sold and if they ever released the Holcomb 7 sig in a limited run.. such want.

I have a Holcomb Sig and it's the best playing PRS I've touched. I am partial to flat scale fretboards, but just as well the 25.5 neck feels more natural to me. I may take a hard look at one of these.

77zark77

Reaction score
This is my uber baritone Charvel since it's a 25.5 tuned in C standard with 12-60

:lol::lol::lol:

cardinal

Reaction score
They have no excuse by now. Waring, Holcomb, Tremonti, and a few other dudes all have 7 string PRS guitars that are NOT SEs. And I don't want a Private Stock, just a core line USA 7, 25.5 in scale. Even in limited runs just to get some more of them out there. I know it's not a huge market of theirs but considering the amount of SEs they've sold and if they ever released the Holcomb 7 sig in a limited run.. such want.

I have a Holcomb Sig and it's the best playing PRS I've touched. I am partial to flat scale fretboards, but just as well the 25.5 neck feels more natural to me. I may take a hard look at one of these.

I'm honesty surprised it hasn't happened yet. And the Private Stocks are silly. I just wanted a quote for a plain black Custom 22 or 24, and it came back at $14,000. No thanks! Honestly, now that I have a couple of Gibson LP7s, I'm not sure I'd even bother with a PRS7 now unless it had a trem, and I suspect that if they ever bother to make one, it'll be hardtail. So boooo to PRS all around.

Ziricote

Reaction score
Looks fantastic.

The baritone thing doesn't really bother me as while in this place baritones = huge scale length, literally the only definition of a baritone is "longer than normal scale length" and this is longer than that PRS's normal 25" scale on the Tremontis so technically it is a baritone Tremonti.

That said I agree it is a bit silly, but not as much as some guys are making it out to be. :lol:

I disagree with most of stuff you say and this is one of them. You wrong Sir once again. I find warranted everything people say. PRS is stupid for saying this is baritone guitar. Look it up

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
MOAR PICS

14604843_10155052876850639_6416726144905603391_n.jpg

cardinal

Reaction score
Me thinks some people consider the definition of baritone to be more important than it should be.

Rich5150

Reaction score
If there is anyway in hell possible, I will get one of these in copperhead.

GraemeH

Reaction score
"Baritone" is colloquially used by guitarists to refer to scale length, but that's not what it means. The term pre-dates guitar and refers to the pitch of the instrument, not the physical properties of the instrument producing that pitch.

A 24.75" scale length guitar tuned down to B is a baritone. A 28" scale length guitar tuned to standard E-to-E is not.

Anyway, PRS bridges always interest me - for some reason they always look "solid" and weighty.

Ziricote

Reaction score
"Baritone" is colloquially used by guitarists to refer to scale length, but that's not what it means. The term pre-dates guitar and refers to the pitch of the instrument, not the physical properties of the instrument producing that pitch.

A 24.75" scale length guitar tuned down to B is a baritone. A 28" scale length guitar tuned to standard E-to-E is not.

Anyway, PRS bridges always interest me - for some reason they always look "solid" and weighty.

Exactly. It can mean whatever it wants as it predates guitar. But in term for guitar is scale length directly with the word. Thank you

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Word on the street is they're discontinuing the SE 24-7 this/next year, so either they got something new planned, or they're giving up on 7-strings for a year.

But yeah, baritone CAN me "baritone tuning", but I find it misleading when guitar companies MOST OF THE TIME consider 26''+ guitars "baritones", and here comes PRS releasing a Fender-scale guitar and calling it a baritone. Just call it the Tremonti 255 or something. :lol: If you release a 27'' Tremonti model, then call THAT a baritone to avoid confusion.

austink

Reaction score
I love the way this looks/specced out. I have always liked the look of single cuts, but have always played 25.5 on all my guitars. My holcomb is exactly what I wanted in a custom 24, and this could be exactly what I want in a single cut. Can my wallet handle getting a jade one to match my holcomb........

cardinal

Reaction score
Word on the street is they're discontinuing the SE 24-7 this/next year, so either they got something new planned, or they're giving up on 7-strings for a year.

Interesting. I suspect it either means they're giving up on it or theyre releasing another SE7, like maybe a single cut. But I can hope for a US production guitar that isn't an outrageous upcharge.

A-Branger

Reaction score
for those who want a core line 7 string, go and and make a group spam emails to PRS. According to several Q/A videos I ahve seen of Mark Holcom were he gets asked "when a 7 string?" a lot, he always reply the same, "dont ask me, ask PRS, send an email to them..."

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree with most of stuff you say and this is one of them. You wrong Sir once again. I find warranted everything people say. PRS is stupid for saying this is baritone guitar. Look it up

You mean like here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baritone_guitar

"The most common scale lengths on an electric baritone range from 25.5" to 28.7", With the latter more commonly being tuned lower than a common six-string."

I also did point out that their use was still silly...

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Most of my six string guitars are shorter scale (24.75-25"). My one 25.5" scale guitar is string with 13-59 strings and tuned to BEADF#B. I refer to that as baritone commonly, even when working with other guitar techs.

I do concede that if someone says "baritone scale", I think of that being 27", as I generally refer to 25.5" in standard tuning as Fender scale.

PRS choosing to call it a baritone does not bother me since it is longer than their standard 25" scale.

As much as I don't like Tremonti's music, it does look like a killer guitar. It might satisfy a few of the crowd that wanted Holcomb core guitars who were not able to get one and do not favor the SE version.