New LTD Models: 2022 edition

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metaluna

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you otherwise really like the guitar, taking care of fret sprout is really quick and easy, and typically a "one and done" sort of thing. Just something to consider.
Yeah I sanded the fret ends on my Siggery Fury when I put tung oil on the bare neck. Took me less than half an hour, not a big deal.

Estilo

Reaction score
Hey remember when LTD was only 1.2k?

God i feel like i need to hoard all those excellent MIK guitars that is in great condition in the used market cuz i aint playing 2k for an import.
Bump. How do we like MIK LTDs on here? I can get them dirt cheap where I am, and it got me thinking of that YouTube reviewer guy who claims to be a former ESP elitist snob until he actually tried the 1000 series MIK LTDs and now reckons they're just as good. It's this video here. It's YouTube so stuff is always said to get views, but it's gotten into my subconscious to be honest.

Just watched Slipknot last night and it got me thinking of a 25.5", Floyd Rose superstrat to leave in B/drop A so I don't have to mess with filing nut grooves.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Just watched Slipknot last night and it got me thinking of a 25.5", Floyd Rose superstrat to leave in B/drop A so I don't have to mess with filing nut grooves.
This only hit me recently. Joined a band that plays in B tuning (6 strings in use). Tuned a hardtail 25.5 to B with 12-60 set and didn't feel that good. Nut is a smaller part of the problem. Yesterday I tested to tune down a 25.5 with Floyd. It had 10-52 set for drop-C and even tho it's on the floppy side it feels much better. The FR and how strings sit makes a higher tension than fixed with everything else being equal. Evertune tension I'd say is in between FR and fixed. Today I'm picking up a 11-54 set and tuning another FR git to B. Still missing longer scale Evertune 6 guitars on the market but this FR setup might keep me satisfied for a while.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Bump. How do we like MIK LTDs on here? I can get them dirt cheap where I am, and it got me thinking of that YouTube reviewer guy who claims to be a former ESP elitist snob until he actually tried the 1000 series MIK LTDs and now reckons they're just as good. It's this video here. It's YouTube so stuff is always said to get views, but it's gotten into my subconscious to be honest.

I’m of the mindset that the old gap between MIK and MIJ is a hell of a lot closer than it used to be. Obviously this depends a lot on individual circumstances and whatnot, but for the sake of playing devil’s advocate:

I just got an LTD M1000ht in, and it plays every bit as good as all of my old RGA121s. :shrug:

All of the MIK Schecters I’ve had the past few years have been stellar, too. Dollar for dollar, it’s hard to beat WMI in the 2020s.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Bought one of the MIK M-1000 Snow White LTDs with fishmans and SS frets and other than needing a setup and intonation adjustments it was solid out the box and the quality was fantastic. I bought a second one for another tuning and a M-1007 recently afterwards. Darn good guitars for the price.

shredmonster76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bought one of the MIK M-1000 Snow White LTDs with fishmans and SS frets and other than needing a setup and intonation adjustments it was solid out the box and the quality was fantastic. I bought a second one for another tuning and a M-1007 recently afterwards. Darn good guitars for the price.
I'm curious about the M-1007, is it the new version with fishmans and the satin finish? I have a Buz-7 MKII and its great, but I've decided I don't really like archtops. I'm curious if the 1007 has a similar neck profile and if the finish is wearing poorly.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I'm curious about the M-1007, is it the new version with fishmans and the satin finish? I have a Buz-7 MKII and its great, but I've decided I don't really like archtops. I'm curious if the 1007 has a similar neck profile and if the finish is wearing poorly.
It is the new version with the fishmans and satin finish. I was really concerned about the finish as well but more so because I didn’t want to leave an oily spot where my fingers on my picking hand come in contact with the body below the E string. So far I’ve been real diligent washing my hands before playing and wiping the guitar down afterwards that there is no spot at all. But I’ve only had the guitar a couple months at this point. Will have to see how it holds up but no indication of the finish wearing at this point. It also looks a heck of a lot better in person than in pictures.

As for the neck profile, I haven’t played the Buz but one of the main reasons I switched over to ESP/LTD from Ibanez guitars is because the necks are still thin but have that little bit more C shape making them comfier for me. It’s still the extra thin U profile so I think 19 and 21 thickness at 12th and 24th frets respectively.