New Mesa Boogie Mark amp?

• Thread starter LCW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Figured would start a new thread... some talk is flying aobut a new Mesa Boogie Mark amp.

Posted in Heavy Metal Amps & Pedals FB group...

HMAP_Mesa_MK_VII.jpg

And Mesa themselves posted this up today...
Maybe Mark VII = a new true II reissue... Maybe that's why the skipped VI... so they could make use of the 'II' in VII... sort of a play on roman numerals... Like a Mark V 'II' ???

mesa_mark.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
depending on the feature set, this might sway me from buying a tc100.

beavis2306

Lusts for gear
Reaction score
Why bother reissuing the 2 with the JP2C already existing? Seems redundant to me

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score

That really isn't an indication of anything from Mesa other than a link to sign up for newsletters. I think there is a bit much being assumed here.

That being said, I am a huge Mesa fan; I have a Mark 525, Triaxis, 2:Ninety, Stowaway buffer, Recto 1x12 cabinet, and Subway Ultra-lite 2x10 bass cab. A new Mark series amp sounds intriguing. I really don't know how they'd outdo what they've done with the Mark V 90 watt head though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That really isn't an indication of anything from Mesa other than a link to sign up for newsletters. I think there is a bit much being assumed here.

That being said, I am a huge Mesa fan; I have a Mark 525, Triaxis, 2:Ninety, Stowaway buffer, Recto 1x12 cabinet, and Subway Ultra-lite 2x10 bass cab. A new Mark series amp sounds intriguing. I really don't know how they'd outdo what they've done with the Mark V 90 watt head though.
There's a lot of smoke about a new Mark amp. While that screenshot is a bit generic, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new Mark series soon

Where are you getting that someone has played it? :scratch:

Anyway, :worth:

Dude's apparently been in the know for awhile now. Not surprised no one else is saying much because Mesa tends to be super tight lipped about new amps. I think the only time they accidentally let the cat out of the bag was the Badlander.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
On one hand, it's awesome if they release a new Mark series! On the other, the timing is terrible since I cannot really swing buying another amp right now.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
I mean if Mesa posts a Mark III on their Instagram tomorrow, we will know something is really up. Yesterday was a Mark I, today a Mark II. If we go by a Tuesday release, we are on track to having a Mark VII on March 7, a Tuesday, like what OP posted.

Also, the last iteration of the Mark was the Jp2C in 2016. 7 years ago.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I mean if Mesa posts a Mark III on their Instagram tomorrow, we will know something is really up. Yesterday was a Mark I, today a Mark II. If we go by a Tuesday release, we are on track to having a Mark VII on March 7, a Tuesday, like what OP posted.

Also, the last iteration of the Mark was the Jp2C in 2016. 7 years ago.

41mt2r.jpg