New Polyphia Sig Dimarzio's

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

The IGNO bridge is definitely an interesting offering being a scatter-wound alnico 8.
I think the Notorious models look pretty interesting in their own right (definitely sound better in the videos).

Attachments

• dimarzios-polyphia.png
    dimarzios-polyphia.png
    828.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
They are. Kinda of like "millennial" embodiment, but they are still amazing musicians. Just kind of childish at times tho.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
They are. Kinda of like "millennial" embodiment, but they are still amazing musicians. Just kind of childish at times tho.
Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed their first couple of albums, but the newest one is very meh for me, plus they just come off as douchebags in interviews/this vid. I think Plini, Russian Circles Chon and TTNG (among many others) do the whole instrumental wankery better.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
Oh yes by far! Their (polyphia) song Champaign is magnificent but their newer stuff is them trying to branch out to new wankery that isn't quite there just yet. G.O.A.T. is pretty good and i love the technical stuff but that's about it from their new stuff. Plini is his own field over with DMM (David Maxim Micic) and Intervals but i could never get into the stuff Chon does.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
yeah there is that bit let me try another one

it's like that dude in your dorm that spent way too much time in high school drawn club, sad, but he does have good beer

Avedas

Reaction score
is this about pickups or....?
No.

I saw them live once a couple years ago because they're really good at guitar, but it was literally the most boring concert I've ever been to. The bassist was attempting to play the role of hype man the entire time and unfortunately for him, the rest of the band is no Public Enemy.

I didn't know that their tone was supposed to be "signature" though. I thought the Chon dudes did it better.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I am intrigued by the single coils in both guitars. I'm just waiting on the right guitar with an HSS or HS configuration for me to acquire.

I don't understand why everyone keeps comparing them to Chon or someone else and saying "X did it better". I never got into Chon like I have these guys. I prefer Yvette Young over Chon as well.