New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Yes, those guitarists who have preference for a certain tone and don't want to have to change out pickups when everything else is to their liking. Who the fuck do they think they are?!

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Yes, those guitarists who have preference for a certain tone and don't want to have to change out pickups when everything else is to their liking. Who the fuck do they think they are?!
Let them spend the extra $300 on whatever flavor of the month Fluence/BKPs they want.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
They'll be changing them out when another pickup comes out that does the same thing tighter and comes with even more voicings.
i absolutely detest active pickups normally, but fishmans are legit the only actives I haven't ripped out of a guitar almost immediately. they're definitely the best active option out there by far, but that wasn't a very high bar to begin with imo.

Zado

Reaction score

aW48sGX.png

4JxKBME.png

supercalifragilisticexpirapemisideways.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That matte grey/black Merrow looked VERY nice in the video.

Not super pumped by any of the masterworks. They all look like nice guitars, don't get me wrong, just nothing that seems really out there. The blue burl thing looks to be very well made (all the laminates in the neck and fretboard, particularly the colored ones, are pretty trick looking). I'm sure the butcher block guitar took some effort to get together.

Zado

Reaction score
That matte grey/black Merrow looked VERY nice in the video.

Not super pumped by any of the masterworks. They all look like nice guitars, don't get me wrong, just nothing that seems really out there. The blue burl thing looks to be very well made (all the laminates in the neck and fretboard, particularly the colored ones, are pretty trick looking). I'm sure the butcher block guitar took some effort to get together.
Honestly using the private showroom in the last two NAMMs hasnt done a favor to their CS line. Less space, no lights.....

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
4899 for the red burl mk3 ;_;
that's the only one I really like besides the red reign guitars.

cardinal

Reaction score
Very confusing for them to use Street Price on what seemed like the imports but MSRP for the USA stuff.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Very confusing for them to use Street Price on what seemed like the imports but MSRP for the USA stuff.

MAP generally only applies to products where all your dealers will be selling the same thing and you want it advertised for a consistent price everywhere. When you're talking about one-off custom guitars, the manufacturer isn't going to set a MAP because not very many will be alike. They probably have MAP for the USA production but for the Masterworks stuff its up to the dealer what they advertise it for and they're not going to be undercutting another shop because no one else will have the same thing.

cardinal

Reaction score
Yeah, I get why they use the different figures. But optically, it looks terrible to have such a wide gap in what they are showing.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Seriously. :lol:

Only problem I have with the Fishmans is they make guitars expensive as fuck. Otherwise, fuck it, they sound great. :lol:
Fishman guitars could be like getting a rebate, especially for you. I’ve sold EMG sets out of brand new guitars for $50 way too many times, but can go Duncan used for less than $100 if you’re patient. Get some good money for Fishmans probably.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Yeah, I get why they use the different figures. But optically, it looks terrible to have such a wide gap in what they are showing.

Depends on what you perceive. If your opinion is "too expensive" then that's one thing but it also demonstrates an implied level of prestige if the price is high.

oversteve

Reaction score
Fishman guitars could be like getting a rebate, especially for you. I’ve sold EMG sets out of brand new guitars for $50 way too many times, but can go Duncan used for less than $100 if you’re patient. Get some good money for Fishmans probably.
maybe in few years with some other trendy pups popping out and with all those fishmans around they will go for 50 as well :D