New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Not necessarily. EBMM has some great flamed roasted maple necks on their 2K Cutlass RS models. If you shop well for one you can find a stunning piece. Made in the US, SS frets, locking tuners and Music Man quality. My next guitar for sure (SSS config).
Yeah but we are still talking about a 700$ indo guitar vs a 2k Usa one. Those I postes above arent far from 2 k either

Musiscience

Reaction score
Yeah but we are still talking about a 700$ indo guitar vs a 2k Usa one. Those I postes above arent far from 2 k either

Sorry, I was referring to the AZ you quoted in your post. The prestige AZ 2204 is also 2K and has a very plain roasted neck. For the same price you can have another HSS modern strat with better build quality, SS frets and etc. (EBMM). So you don’t necessarily need to go boutique to have a nice roasted flame maple neck. (Although it helps if you want to choose your piece of wood).

Zado

Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to the AZ you quoted in your post. The prestige AZ 2204 is also 2K and has a very plain roasted neck. For the same price you can have another HSS modern strat with better build quality, SS frets and etc. (EBMM). So you don’t necessarily need to go boutique to have a nice roasted flame maple neck. (Although it helps if you want to choose your piece of wood).
Well that Ibanez' fault :lol: I agree on what you say, but depends on what's your personal definition of boutique and what you think a nice baked maple neck looks like.
I just meant that for 700 usd a cool looking baked neck is hard to be found, but for 2k yeah, there are quite a few choices around. Also I dont necessarely consider nice only the baked necks with deep figure to them, it's mostly a thing of color I guess

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
screenshot_20190720-204855_instagram-jpg.71241

Well this is awkward.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Wow I didn't think that model would make it into production. It's too bad they kept that ugly as sin inlay. This would have worked perfectly without it.

Also what's up with the BCRich stuff in the Schecter thread? They look really sweet though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wow I didn't think that model would make it into production. It's too bad they kept that ugly as sin inlay. This would have worked perfectly without it.

I've been out of the loop. Whats going on with the coffee table wonder? Got any pics?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop. Whats going on with the coffee table wonder? Got any pics?
I can't seem to find it right now in this thread, but that guitar showed up as a prototype over at DCGL. If you have Instagram, they posted a video of it back on May 13th.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Schecter going back to their wilkinson roots, kinda of cool to see. I'd love it with an all black board or offset rings but that's just some typical sso talk.