New Schecter Models Megathread

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not gonna lie wtf does the guitar was created on the blockchain and provides trustless authentication mean. As far as I know all my guitars are authentically mine…
I don't even think they know. Shadows is deep in the techbro bullshit, so he probably convinced Syn that it's a lot cooler than it actually is so he rolled with it.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Interesting.
By tokenizing physical assets on the blockchain, they are transformed into digital tokens with unique identifiers and ownership records. These digital tokens can then be bought, sold, or traded, much like physical assets in the physical world.
So, I guess rather than just a paper COA, you'd just have a digital one, and because of cryptography(?) it can't be forged.
It's not a terrible idea, I guess, but I can't imagine custom shop gates guitars are so rampant that it's really needed😅

His CS shop sig is 3.7k: https://www.schecterguitars.com/Synyster-Gates-Fr-S-Usa-Signature
So $2.3k for a CS finish and being limited? Things are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them I guess :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I honestly have hard time getting the idea of what the whole Blockchain and NFT thing is, makes just no sense to me.
Blockchains and NFTs, when arranged correctly, form a pyramid. That’s all you really need to know. Just don’t be the one left holding the bag after people have cashed out.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love Avenged and Gates is my favorite guitarist but I wish they weren’t into NFT’s.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Blockchains and NFTs, when arranged correctly, form a pyramid. That’s all you really need to know. Just don’t be the one left holding the bag after people have cashed out.
no.gif

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Avenged Sevenfold sucks and this douche's sig guitars have always been and always will be garbage directed at men with the aesthetic-maturity of an edge-lord 14-year-old. I'm not surprised that this aesthetic now includes NFT/blockchain bullshit. This dude is such a joke that it's literally impossible to do satirize him.

Zado

Reaction score
Your new 2024 Syngates. Ohhhhh yeah
FB-IMG-1710779007850.jpg

My idea is: thye just cannot have a gloss black finish made properly, so they either use satin, or figured top, or relic like this case.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Avenged Sevenfold sucks and this douche's sig guitars have always been and always will be garbage directed at men with the aesthetic-maturity of an edge-lord 14-year-old. I'm not surprised that this aesthetic now includes NFT/blockchain bullshit. This dude is such a joke that it's literally impossible to do satirize him.
Geez dude show me where he hurt you

yan12

Reaction score
You may not like the look, but Schecter makes great guitars for the money...either import or USA made. They are not garbage by any means.

As far as a player, I think he is fairly accomplished, and his gypsy jazz playing is convincing. You may think he sucks, but I would venture to say he is better than you think. You should call him out, bring him up on stage with you for a head cutting duel...I'd pay to see that.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, because I don't listen to A7X and won't be buying any of their guitars, but lol @ this. As if 90% of metal music aesthetics isn't just tryhard edgelord bullshit. :lol:

djkhaled305

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a Banshee Mach 6 with an Evertune (once someone sells one used at a price I like), and the specs are pretty great, but I am NOT a fan of where they put the pickup selector. I'll live, but I don't know why they put it all the way over there.
I have the Banshee Mach 7 as my only 7 and god i HATE the pickup selector position. It's so hard to get to it without accidentally hitting the knobs. The amount of times I've gone to the neck in a solo and accidentally turned the volume all the way down or turned the tone completely to 0 is ludicrous lmao. I cant believe I didn't notice that when I tried it out before I bought it.

asopala

Reaction score
I have the Banshee Mach 7 as my only 7 and god i HATE the pickup selector position. It's so hard to get to it without accidentally hitting the knobs. The amount of times I've gone to the neck in a solo and accidentally turned the volume all the way down or turned the tone completely to 0 is ludicrous lmao. I cant believe I didn't notice that when I tried it out before I bought it.
I just got mine the other day (not in the mood to make an NGD cause we all know generally what to expect), and it's weird. But my KM7 MKI has the same kind of thing going on, so I'm surprisingly not as bothered by it as I feel like I should be. But this guitar is going to be more of a practicing and rhythm guitar machine anyway, at least for recording stuff. Live I'd use my Reaper Elite with the Floyd and Sustainiac.

Zado

Reaction score
You may not like the look, but Schecter makes great guitars for the money...either import or USA made. They are not garbage by any means.

As far as a player, I think he is fairly accomplished, and his gypsy jazz playing is convincing. You may think he sucks, but I would venture to say he is better than you think. You should call him out, bring him up on stage with you for a head cutting duel...I'd pay to see that.
I can agree their guitars are good quality wise (though quality control can be meh at times), they just don't help themselves filling their models with aesthetic appointments people do not like, that just rise the price beyond point people are not willing to spend.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Damn perfect timing for this topic. Idk if it’s millenial nostalgia. But I’ve been finding myself wanting a Syn sig more and more lately. I just want a cool one. First I should decide what that means to me lol.