New Slipknot track - The Dying Song (Time To Sing)

• Thread starter Accoun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SD83

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion here, The Gray Chapter is still my favourite album of them and while I have completely forgotten how "Chapelton Rag" or whatever it was called sounded, "The dying song" grew on me and this new one is probably the best of the three, to me at least.
I have to admit I didn't listen to the latest record that much, but from what I remember it was a return of all the downsides of the first two ones, namely failing to create a memorable song out of a disjointed mess of otherwise good bits, with hardly any of the outstanding anthems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Somehow they out-boring-ed the last single.

Cut it off after hearing the chorus. Corey's abilities vocal wise, and phrasing have always been some of my favorites, but I just can't enjoy hardly anything new he's been doing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Somehow they out-boring-ed the last single.

larry-david-yawn.gif

chinnybob

Reaction score
I quite liked that tbh. Sure, it's not on par with the classics but still pretty solid if you ask me.

Sammy J

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, first three tracks of this are not doing it for me at all. Corey sounds super cringe, the songs are all over the place in a bad way…I dunno, just not my vibe I guess.

I actually thought WANYK had some strong songs and was one of their better albums. This sounds like weak sauce in comparison.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed Yen, seemed a little bit more different than the other singles which were more paint by numbers imo. But agreed these songs don't sound as strong as the last album to me atm

Reaction score
Yet again, it sounds fine to me. I dunno. I think because I'm not really a Slipknot fan I have no expectations. I just listen to the song without previous album reference. I'm not crazy about the song but it's not bad or anything. Kinda reminds me Ghost in a weird way. That may be damning for some considering so many people hate Ghost.
I dunno. I don't find anything Slipknot has released to be bad or a let down.

Reaction score
It's alright. I'm kind of sick of Corey Taylor

failsafe

Reaction score
I’m so sick of modern drum sounds. It’s like every producer uses the same damn samples

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Jim just did an interview and uh... Yeah. Dude's extremely honest with this.

Dude was doing an interview for his Charvel sig model and ends up talking about how (seemingly) fucked recording and production for the new album was.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score

Jim just did an interview and uh... Yeah. Dude's extremely honest with this.

Dude was doing an interview for his Charvel sig model and ends up talking about how (seemingly) fucked recording and production for the new album was.
Honestly, I would not be surprised if he didn’t expect that to be on record or something… but who gives a fuck. You can tell he’s being genuine by listening to the singles. They fucking suck.

Isaiah04

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's alright I guess, not much of a slipknot fan. I feel like alot of slipknot songs now try to force clean singing into the chorus and they just sound so out of place.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
100% agreed. At least some of the slower songs on their classic albums managed to sound legit disturbing and interesting but this is just cringe.
Circle and Vermillion Pt 2 are both great songs. With grandpas guitars even, and they still managed to sound heavy (emotionally) and dark. The melodies on these new singles are just so bleh, and the heavy ones sound like they're 20% too slow. Nero Forte from the last album is a pretty fun song, but if it were 20% slower it would be slow, dragging and boring, just like the new singles.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
That chorusnto Dying Songnis a fucking ear worm. Other two tracks are ok. I fall in the post-Iowa crowd (still love s/t and Iowa), but the WANYK and this so far and feeling kinda eh to me.

Also, I miss the riffage of Vol 3 and AHIG. Those are my favorite two albums easily.

protest

Reaction score
Listening to the album, and it's definitely a letdown after the last one. I was a big fan of that album because it sounded like Slipknot, just in their 40s/50s instead of their 20s/30s. I was hoping this would be a continuation of that, but it's not. This is probably their worst album, and reading the stuff from Jim and Shawn it seems like they know that too haha.