New Suicide Silence Song/Album

• Thread starter You
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
He used to have such killer highs and a good singing voice, this makes me very wary of the potential new ASP album...

We have literally only heard a single song from the album. If the rest of the album is like this, sure ...., but this might as well be their "ballad", which was promoted by label execs. Could also be he is saving his voice for ASP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
We have literally only heard a single song from the album. If the rest of the album is like this, sure ...., but this might as well be their "ballad", which was promoted by label execs. Could also be he is saving his voice for ASP?

If you're promoting it as a single, it shouldn't have off-key singing in the chorus. :shrug:

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score

Who poured Deftones into Suicide Silence? I mean, I kinda dig it FWIW, but in no way did I think it would come from Suicide Silence, and under their band name to boot.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
The Nu Metal vibes are certainly ringing clear. As someone who never liked Deathcore much anyway, this is much more intriguing. The problem TBH is there are parts, either in song writing, production or performance, that just sound awful. I get that they want to go the Korn "shove in a bunch of random sounds" route, but they have to be:

a) Sounds that fit.
b) Sounds that are done to a decent quality.
c) Sounds that aren't deliberately off-key notes during surrounding on-key music.

Keel

Reaction score
Idk man it sounds kinda like a repetitive rip off of slipknot songs like purity and Iowa. The beginning is sick though. Just... Everything after that. I loved the cleansing and wait to bleed, so maybe I'm just prejudice.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I think the new songs are great, really like the vocal style! it's good to hear something different from them :)

IMHO the band working with Ross Robinson = good idea :metal:

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
The problem TBH is there are parts, either in song writing, production or performance, that just sound awful. I get that they want to go the Korn "shove in a bunch of random sounds" route, but they have to be:

a) Sounds that fit.
b) Sounds that are done to a decent quality.
c) Sounds that aren't deliberately off-key notes during surrounding on-key music.

I think that's a bit narrow. Off-keying creates tension and unease, which might sound harsh, but can be used artistically to invoke the right emotions they might be aiming for. Within the genre of metal, that might not be a bad artistic choice. Of course, it might put off people, but music is essentially art; it's not meant to please everybody.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
I think that's a bit narrow. Off-keying creates tension and unease, which might sound harsh, but can be used artistically to invoke the right emotions they might be aiming for. Within the genre of metal, that might not be a bad artistic choice. Of course, it might put off people, but music is essentially art; it's not meant to please everybody.

Ok then, for THIS particular band or at least THIS song it doesn't work. Tony Danza (or by extension anything Josh Travis touches) do what you described and it works. Even some SYL albums do this well, along with the obvious Slipknot and Korn influences for this track. For whatever reason, Eddie made an attempt in this song that didn't work.

SD83

Reaction score
I rather liked Doris, but so far this is... interesting. A mix of Deftones and Korn (though the vocals are nowhere near Chinos or Jonathans) which need not be a bad thing. And there is more diversity in these two songs than in everything else I ever heard of SS so far combined. I'm really looking forward to that record now. Not because I think it's going to be great, although it probably will be, but just to hear what else they came up with.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
They misspelled the title of the song. The correct spelling is Slipkorn.

Homie is trying wayyyyy to hard to channel early Jon Davis/Corey Taylor and it does not work well here. I really dig the instrumentation, I've always loved the sound associated with Ross Robinson's work, but I can see why people are like 'wtf change the name already' as it's a very drastically different sounding band at this point.

Mraz

Reaction score
I think Phil would be the best replacement for Mitch, but he would never leave Whitechapel...

Also Austin Carlile would be a great replacement, but he quit music all together now since he has back problems (2 spinal disc moved and made his life a living hell - daily pain etc)..

Eddie is a good replacement, but the 2 new songs.. Doris is passable.. not the best, but oh well nothing you can do.. The new single.. 'Silence' is just terrible.. They wanted to copy Deftones' Passenger or Knife Party vibe but failed.. And now they are acting like assholes about it instead of just saying; 'Damn, we kinda ....ed up I guess.. You can still check out the record, you might like it..'

Instead they are acting like children and calling everyone who doesn't like it a 'troll'..

Mraz

Reaction score
Their behaviour makes it worse..
Also Eddie dissed his friends Thy Art Is Murder in a recent interview.. Total dickhead

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
They'll be singing a different tune when the sales figures come back lmao

bpprox22

String Breaker
Reaction score
Their behaviour makes it worse..
Also Eddie dissed his friends Thy Art Is Murder in a recent interview.. Total dickhead

Someone commented on that video saying he dissed All Shall Perish. I tried finding it, but couldn't, so I don't know. Given your comment, it seems likely.