New to Guitar

• Thread starter Minella
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minella

Reaction score
I was cruising through some of the other introduction threads here but I came across yours and wanted to give you props for jumping straight to 8 strings; I really think that is awesome. I've been playing guitar on and off for almost 13 years now and only just started experimenting with the additional strings.
Thanks! How are you liking it so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minella

Reaction score
It does make me wonder what life would have been like to start on 8 and somehow completely avoid ever playing a 6/7 until you're like 5 years out. I mean, that's what most of us wind up doing in the opposite direction, and each time we basically have to ask, "Okay, how do I make use of this 'extra' thing?". I think it must be pretty cool to think of 8-string as "home", but I can't undo that now!
It really is pretty cool - i'm excited for when i'm actually decent on it and understand it more fully. It's so fun though!

Minella

Reaction score
I am 17 years new to guitar :lol:

Also knife inlays are dope
Whatcha mean 17 years new to guitar? and thanks! I plan to remove them though - they look so out of place now that i've removed the rest of the decals. The guitar really did look different (in a cool way) when I got it.

Reaction score
Thanks! How are you liking it so far?
Total game changer, I don't know what took me so long. I've always used a pitch shifter pedal or tuned down dramatically to compensate but there's really no comparison