New WoW Expansion announced: Warlords of Draenor

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, my brother just got ninja'd by Windows Update, which shut down his PC to apply updates. Now he's waiting in a 30~ minute queue to get back in Emerald Dream.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
So far I really dig it. Besides the usual minor launch stuff like bugged quests (Of which I've only encountered a couple), the flow of questing is very nice and the environment is great looking.

ferret

Reaction score
I've almost defeated the queue boss.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
.....and now 4hrs of maint.

Since last night after practice, I've constantly seen: "Instance not found" on my characters trying to get through the portal and "World server not found" for my toon that had already gone through the portal.

I'll be playing tomorrow lol

Ibzzus

Jangle/shoegaze-core
Reaction score
So my battle.net client has been giving me the option to Update to Warlords for over 2 weeks now but it always gave me an error message whenever I tried: "Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot." I assumed it was because the expansion was not live yet, however, I am still getting this error message.

I have searched online and haven't found any solutions.

Anyone else facing the same issues?

ferret

Reaction score
Once I got in, I had a few bouts of high latency, but otherwise no errors or issues. This morning I played fine for about 40 minutes before maint started, no issues.

I don't mean to excuse launch issues but I've just been to this rodeo before so I don't get wound up. 3 weeks till raids open anyways. :)

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it's nothing new. Every x-pac had server issues because of influx of players at release. Destiny has disconnection errors, Halo MCC has matchmaking issues, Advanced Warfare has latency issues online, AC: Unity has framerate issues, and Drive Club is pretty much unplayable.

Totally normal for games nowadays (for whatever reason) to have issues at launch. At least Blizzard is on top of their game and are fixing the problem the day after the thing came out.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Once I got in, I had a few bouts of high latency, but otherwise no errors or issues. This morning I played fine for about 40 minutes before maint started, no issues.

I don't mean to excuse launch issues but I've just been to this rodeo before so I don't get wound up. 3 weeks till raids open anyways. :)

Yeah, it's nothing new. Every x-pac had server issues because of influx of players at release. Destiny has disconnection errors, Halo MCC has matchmaking issues, Advanced Warfare has latency issues online, AC: Unity has framerate issues, and Drive Club is pretty much unplayable.

Totally normal for games nowadays (for whatever reason) to have issues at launch. At least Blizzard is on top of their game and are fixing the problem the day after the thing came out.
TBD @ their actually fixing the problem. It took them a while to fix a lot of stuff in WotLK...especially after the Argent Tourney started. Totally normal for a customer base of this magnitude. I was totally expecting it to play out like it has....which is why I only tried a few times. I'll catch up this weekend or whenever.

I do like the mechanical changes so far. I f'ing hated reforging, the rediculous stats, etc. I'm glad they've nerfed a lot of that and giving it a feel of older versions (Vanilla/BC/WotLK). Things got wonky @ MoP and hope that there is a solid path forward on this. I really spend most of my time playing the AH, doing instances, or doing raids. I never really got into the questline stuff....and I **HATE** grinding quests on any MMO.

Hopefully once the content is stable, it will be a pleasant departure from the Kung-Fu Panda/Pokemon expac

ferret

Reaction score
The only mechanic change I don't like so far is multistrike. To me it just feels too much like a second critical strike.... Just like it was as a mastery for elemental shamans and marksman hunters.

It's fine, just not exciting you know? It's there just to be another stat.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
I LOVE running questlines. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do in WoW, especially in new x-pacs. I lovelovelove the undead and night elf questlines. But, with my favorite games being games like TES, Fallout, or just MMORPG's/RPG's in general, I'm all about story and lore, and WoW is FULL of it. There's so much shit to read about and discover. I'm pretty sure I have upward of 4,000-4,500 quests done on my main toon.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was home sick yesterday (legitimately, I wasn't just calling in sick to play WoW, I even went to the walk-in clinic :lol:) so I played for a bit. Ironically MY internet kept going down. Once every 20 minutes or so it would go off for about 5 minutes at a time. I got so annoyed I said "screw it, I'll just go have a nap and play later."

That nap lasted from 2PM to 9:30PM. Didn't really see much point in playing after that. :lol:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
So I'm not playing, but what's everyones opinion on the incredibly fast levelling in this expansion? Hardcore players at max level within 24 hours, casuals not far behind. 90 minutes per level, according to my colleague. I get that levelling speed isn't everything, but if zones were being cleared that fast surely a ton of content is being missed?

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
So I'm not playing, but what's everyones opinion on the incredibly fast levelling in this expansion? Hardcore players at max level within 24 hours, casuals not far behind. 90 minutes per level, according to my colleague. I get that levelling speed isn't everything, but if zones were being cleared that fast surely a ton of content is being missed?
It's only fast-leveling if you really want to. I'm not seeing any different pacing between this and BC --> WotLK. We had people in our guild that maxed out on 70 in < 24hrs during BC, same for 80 & WotLK.

You can grind & queue through 10 levels quickly if you want to. The main I'm leveling now is a 'lock and i'm taking it slow. I stopped after rested xp ended to level my tank into the expac. The 1hr instance queues for the lock were pissing me off lol

stevexc

Reaction score
It feels like the levelling isn't a lot faster, but a lot more efficient. There's more adequate mobs, less "kill a majillion of these" that takes extra time (although there are some they tend to be less grindy).

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been leveling slowly, savoring the quests. I quite enjoyed Shadowmoon Valley. Gorgrond, not so much. Podlings are the new murlocs. At least they were only in one isolated area of Shadowmoon, they're ....ing EVERYWHERE in southern Gorgrond. Plus, I've always hated jungle zones. STV wasn't terribad, but Un'Goro Crater and Sholazar Basin make me want to chew my hands off. I imagine that Tanaan Jungle will have a similar effect (although that opening quest was epic).

One thing that bears mentioning is that this expansion looks just phenomenal, from an artistic perspective. I wasn't that fond of Draenei architecture during the first go-round in Burning Crusade, but it looks far more aesthetically pleasing now. WoW has basically looked great ever since WotLK though, so that shouldn't come as any surprise.

I'm really enjoying the garrison feature as well, although the mat requirements for some of the recipes are pretty damn steep. The fact that you can fully level your skills on WoD mats wil also probably nuke the value of pre-WoD mats pretty hard as well.

ferret

Reaction score
I'm not 100 yet, but I'm also not rushing. I enjoy questing, and also READ all the quests.

Every XPAC has had hard core players hit max level within 24-48 hours, so nothing really new there. Some people just don't really care about lore, quests, flavor items, exploring, etc. It's end-game or bust. Nothing against it, just not my way of playing.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the garrison feature as well, although the mat requirements for some of the recipes are pretty damn steep. The fact that you can fully level your skills on WoD mats wil also probably nuke the value of pre-WoD mats pretty hard as well.

I'm digging the garrison as well. It's definitely better of a "side-project" than the Pokemon pet thing

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I built the Gladiator's pit thing in my garrison, then realized they wanted me to PVP.

I haven't played since about the 2-3rd month of MoP, and PvP sure as hell isn't going to happen anytime soon. I replaced it with a lumber mill.

I haven't had to queue yet, either. So I'm waiting for that to occur, did get D/C'd once, but I think that was my internet not so much the game.

Latest posts