New WoW Expansion announced: Warlords of Draenor

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Now that they're fully capable of cross-server grouping....should we start a Battle.net ID sharing thing?

GhostRed7#1213 is mine if anyone wants to add me

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
There's been 3 separate instaces that I waited through 4+ hour queues. The day after release I had the queue up for almost 7 hours before giving up when I was still 1800 in line and my est. wait time was still 350 minutes. The price you pay for a high population server.

I've heard the Illidan server is having lots of trouble, being one of the highest populated servers in the game. I transfered from Illidan to Emerald Dream in the middle of MoP and Illidan still had 1000~ player-long queues later at night then. Most I've seen on Emerald Dream was around almost 6,000 players in queue.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
cross-server grouping? like for non-instanced content too?
Yes!!!

It's one of the single best things Blizz has done in a while. You can even add guildies cross-server now. At least one of the guilds I'm in live on another realm and I've cross-realm quested with my nephew before. It will phase the non-party-leaders to the leader's realm. I had to party invite a friend on another realm yesterday to phase him b/c the quest on his realm was bugged and he was able to turn it. It's kinda awesome.

This is presuming it hasn't changed in WoD.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Xaios#1488

We'll need to form two SSO guilds. "Disciples of Djod" for Alliance, "Anti-Djodian League" for Horde. :lol:

ferret

Reaction score
Guilds themselves can't be cross realm yet, I don't think. But if there's a guild formed on Sargeras Alliance I'm game.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Guilds themselves can't be cross realm yet, I don't think. But if there's a guild formed on Sargeras Alliance I'm game.

I think they implemented that in 5.4. At fear of straying even further OT...

Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms - World of Warcraft

In Patch 5.4, we’re looking to address this with a new feature called Connected Realms. Building on our existing cross-realm technology, a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamless “linked.” These linked realms will behave as if they were one cohesive realm, meaning you’ll be able to join the same guilds, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests.

It caught me way off guard when I got a g-inv from another server and I was like 'wtf?'

ferret

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot that, but it's not the same thing as "Cross-Realm Zones". That is only available of the realms that were connected together.

My characters are all on high pop servers (Mal'ganis, Sargeras, Lightbringer) and unless I missed it, they never were connected to other realms. Hmm.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I realized I was wrong about that. I thought I had read that it was Battle-group wide. Turns out it is just for connected realms.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about midway through level 98 now, just started questing through Nagrand. SMV and Talador were perfectly good. Didn't like Gorgrond that much, but that's because I hate Podlings. I was actually surprised how invested I was in the story of Spires of Arak though. I didn't really get along with the Arakkoa-centric areas in Burning Crusade, but I enjoyed it much more here.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Hit 100 Sunday. This whole expansion pack is extremely well done. Low pop realms ftw.

posmaster

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through lvl99 and I'm liking how much less linear the questing is, as compared to what felt like questing-on-rails of the earlier expansions. Much more like the old school vanilla WoW, where you can kind of bounce around a zone.

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
Do any of you guys PVP? I'm loving the update, but I think I picked the wrong server after such a long time off. I'd rather not gripe about it on here but I'm thinking of transferring if any of you have any recommendations?

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
did a faction change on my warlock.

Had to redo most of the intro quests to get to the garrison.

oh my ....ing christ this is boring.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
40 man Molten Core LFR is about what you'd expect it to be. If it's a complete pug it's simultaneously funny, sad, and grueling. Got my helm though! :D And corehound mount. woo!

troyguitar

Reaction score
40 man Molten Core LFR is about what you'd expect it to be. If it's a complete pug it's simultaneously funny, sad, and grueling. Got my helm though! :D And corehound mount. woo!

Did they re-do MC? I remember doing that back in the day along with BWL and AQ, those were fun times.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Did they re-do MC? I remember doing that back in the day along with BWL and AQ, those were fun times.

It's pretty much the same, just adjusted for the new level cap. The whole thing is a promo basically in honor of WoW's 10 year anniversary and its going to be gone in January.