NFL Football 2014-2015

• Thread starter Joose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well, fellow NFL fans, pre-season begins tomorrow.

SO ready for the regular season.

GO BRONCOS!

tedtan

Reaction score
This time last year I was hoping for a great season for the Texans.

Then I got involved in a long, expensive, drawn out divorce and didn't get to watch much football (which was for the best, given the Texans piss poor performance last year :cool:).

Hopefully this year will be better. (And truth be told, it can't get much worse, barring health issues or getting hit by a bus or something :fawk:).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Im ready for the regular season. I have a few fantasy drafts coming up so I hope I dont draft anyone who gets on the IR for the entire season.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The warm, fuzzy feeling I got from watching Giants vs. Bills was indescribable.

(American) FOOTBALLS BACK, BABY!!!!

Edit: Should we swapped this with the 2013 - 2014 thread in the sticky section up top?

SonicBlur

Reaction score
I'm not 100% buying into the local media hype but...

BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!!

If you see all of the stories here you'd think they already won the Super Bowl, LOL! I hope they do, though, LMAO!

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
Ahhh, yes... Another season of bracing for imminent disappointment as a Vikings fan.

I really hope this season changes that

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Ahhh, yes... Another season of bracing for imminent disappointment as a Vikings fan.

I really hope this season changes that

I can relate as a Dolphins fan. The team should be better this year. The only area of the team that is still a big question mark is LB, assuming the O-line is fixed which from camp so far sounds promising. 8-8 last year with an historically bad o-line. If the line is just decent this year, maybe things can turn around finally.

Ahhh...preseason optimism :nuts:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It may just be pre-season, but I am excited for tonight!

If only our Regular season game against Seattle were in Denver...

MaxSwagger

Reaction score
I love pre-season, I follow all year so it's great to get to see the draft picks and backup's get some time.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Man, if only the first quarter of the Super Bowl went like this. :lol:

Great to see Ware already getting a sack.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not 100% buying into the local media hype but...

BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!!

If you see all of the stories here you'd think they already won the Super Bowl, LOL! I hope they do, though, LMAO!

Can't win the big ones with Cutler. His touch gets too poor when the pressure is on, and we all no he is careless many times when he doesn't need to be.
McCown showed more poise than Jay does under pressure, so they let him go :scratch::lol:

For the bears to spend the $ they did on Cutler and an aging Jarod Allen :noplease:,.
Good players (great at times) no doubt, but poor decisions by the bears IMO.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So many penalties in the DEN/SEA game last night; 25 total I think? Plus that lightning delay.

But hey, Wilson got sacked twice; Hillman got a TD instead of fumbling, nobody sacked Manning, etc... all good things to me! But it's Week 2 of the regular season where Denver will really have to prove themselves. I would be ecstatic and, honestly, pleasantly surprised if Denver wins IN Seattle.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Seattles secondary is going to be in big trouble this year with officials cracking down on the "5 yard rule". Seattle is a great team, but they got away with a lot of PI and DH calls last year. Going to be curious to see how this pans out for them.

Excited to watch the Saints tonight. Brandon Cooks has been all the talk in camp this year, I hope he shows out tonight.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Seattles secondary is going to be in big trouble this year with officials cracking down on the "5 yard rule". Seattle is a great team, but they got away with a lot of PI and DH calls last year. Going to be curious to see how this pans out for them.

Excited to watch the Saints tonight. Brandon Cooks has been all the talk in camp this year, I hope he shows out tonight.

@seattle secondary: 3rd preseason game I've heard of that the WHOLE REASON it's being implemented more this season is because of them. Since it was a rule before, why not implement it then. The whole thing is absurd to me.

@cooks: Looked pretty good.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Should be no worries, I think. Seattle's coaching staff got together with the officials at the beginning of training camp to discuss it, they watched film for hours and discussed it and they (coaches) have instilled that to the players....but of course it'll happen, players have to be smarter with their technique. Speaking of which, I saw Brandon Browner get a couple penalties in the Patriots/Redskins preseason game and he should know better as he's a smart player but he made those silly mistakes and I think it can happen to any player. Byron Maxwell would probably be the player with those calls, maybe Sherman will get one too but the way I see it, if they can play that technique smarter and not make mistakes, there will be less of those calls....we'll see. :shrug:

There was a lot of penalties in the Seattle/Denver preseason game, really just too much. :eek:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^SO many penalties.

My favorite moment is still Ware sacking Wilson. :D

WAREA.0.gif

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Seasons over.

SB: Seattle 45, Denver 13.

And those grabbed jerseys and muggings by the seattle secondary?

Not a single f........ was given.

Latest posts