NGB Jaden Rose Redwood Burl

• Thread starter blanco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blanco

Reaction score
Right so straight into the pictures because thats what you all came for and i took enough of them!

DSC_0214.jpg
DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Right so i picked this one up second hand. I saw it a year or two ago on Jaden's facebook and couldn't believe the thickness of the top so when it popped up available i just jumped on it. Yes the top is thicker than the back! You can see it poking through the recess on the back it's that thick! The specs are:

Burl Redwood Top
Honduran mahogony body
Cuban Mahogony neck
Zircote Fingerboard
Hipshot locking tuners
Hipshot bridge
DiMarzio 36th anniversary PAF Pickups

This is my second Jaden Rose and i thought i knew what i was getting but i was definitely wrong. This plays the same as my ultra thin, weighs a little bit more but its on a whole different level when it comes to clarity and sound. Seriously blew me away with the clarity and everything rings through so cleanly. My Ultra thin has a BKP holy diver in the bridge and BKP emerald in the neck so was seriously impressed with how it stood up against them. Playability wise its a slim neck thats very fast and really comfortable and with the weight being on the lighter size hasn't bothered me standing up playing. The body is gloss but the neck is satin so has a great smooth natural feel.

The only downside i have is that the gloss finish has seen better days, it's second hand can't blame Jaden on the pervious users neglect, and has quite a lot of swirling. I will probably end up getting if buffed up or just refinished.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Gorgeous. That's a classy lookin' axe. Love that top.
The sculpted neck joint reminds me of a J Custom,
beautifully done!!

andyjanson

Reaction score
Unfortunately that top sends my trypophobia off the charts, which is a shame because the colour is beautiful- that is one mighty sleek fiddle you got there. The figuring of the fretboard is perfect :yesway: Enjoy!

col

blah.
Reaction score
That top reminds me of Dan Seagrave's paintings! Gorgeous!

Skullet

Reaction score
Oh so you're the guy who beat me too this! It would have been my second one also. Give me first offer if you ever sell :).

blanco

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'd never really thought about the whole ibanez prestige neck joint but it is extremely similar in feel.

Skullet i missed out on it first time round and when it came up again threw in a stupidly high bid to not miss out. If your ever in south London your welcome to come give it a go.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
That might be the thickest top i've ever seen.
Jaden's guitars are amazing, and this is no exception.

Le Jeff

Reaction score
I could spend an hour talking about how much I like that top. Never have I even seen wood look like that, although I've never gone looking for really exotic stuff either, nevertheless that guitar is one of the most incredible I've ever seen. That JEM777SK NGD the other day had me pretty jelly, but this is worse. HNGD!!! :D

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
What a lovely guitar!

Question: Those are "paf's" ?? I had no idea they did a covered pup like that.

blanco

Reaction score
Pushpull as far as i've been told they are DiMarzio 36th anniversary PAF. DP103's to be precise but i haven't pulled them out to check the base plates yet. I'll take a look at my next string change.

EDIT: Having looked them up the paf's normally have black bolts not silver so these may actually be something different. You've got me curious now!!!

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
That top is unreal, never seen anything like that. Looks like blood veins, roots, vines, etc

Skullet

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'd never really thought about the whole ibanez prestige neck joint but it is extremely similar in feel.

Skullet i missed out on it first time round and when it came up again threw in a stupidly high bid to not miss out. If your ever in south London your welcome to come give it a go.

Will keep that in mind mate, i will take my jaden or blackat along :)