NGD - A not so merry christmas - Acacia Romulus Multiscale 8 content

• Thread starter codyblast
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
Drench it in liquid nitrogen, snap it in half once it's frozen solid, use the neck to keep your beer cold in a beer cooler and get college girls in bikinis to play frisbee with the body while you sit back and enjoy the view of tits and imminent guitar destruction.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I hate when people destroy guitars. Just give the instrument to some poor kid who can't afford a guitar.

However, by all accounts even calling this thing a guitar is an insult to the fine art of stringed instrument building.

Smash it the .... up.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had to spend a bunch of money on fixing my car and trying to get ahead on bills, and haven't been able to save for a deposit for an ormsby yet! Also trying to source a chainsaw and sledgehammer to use on old captain firewood. It will happen, patience my darlings

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
This is so extremely juvenile but I can't wait for it :lol:

Reaction score
You heard right. Was planning to do it on Saturday, but the filming guy was unavailable. I'm seeing him soon, and he has a camera capable of slow motion so you guys will get to see the splinters fly off in great detail!

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
You heard right. Was planning to do it on Saturday, but the filming guy was unavailable. I'm seeing him soon, and he has a camera capable of slow motion so you guys will get to see the splinters fly off in great detail!

448.jpg

downburst82

Reaction score
Set up a couple of cameras if possible(even if just the one can do slow-mo), I want to see some EPIC cinematic angles!!!

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
That is a mistake on my part. I thought it uploaded in 2014, not 2013. Still, I haven't seen enough detail shots of new builds to give these guys an ounce of credit.

Oh, I totally agree. It being an old video only explains that particular guitar; it doesn't indicate at all that they've turned things around.

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqTlxv5z1Xc

Anyone believe the comments that the past is behind them?

It sure as hell isn't behind me, the agreement was a full refund and I return the guitar to them. That hasn't happened yet, I'm still substantially out of pocket, they've stopped replying to me months ago, and I'm smashing this guitar in HD slow mo to achieve 2 things

A/ A giant middle finger to this company

B/ to hold my word on the deal Perry made with me. Smash Acacia; and open his order book for me. Which considering he's really only taking on batches of hypemachine orders once a year, is a pretty damn good deal for me to finally get a beautiful instrument that will last a lifetime, rather than this chunk of sh!t

BetterOffShred

Reaction score
Balls Man, I'm really sorry to hear this went down the way it did. It seems like a huge waste of time and energy. As others have pointed out, when you order something custom it should be really special and last a life time. When Within the Ruins came through town a few weeks ago, Joe said that he had a couple of them for a while (the green one from a few playthrough videos etc) but he was having a hard time getting any guitars. Sad to hear this company is circling the bowl, but with how they treated you as a customer, I say give them a big F you and follow through on the Ormsby, those guitars are sick as hell anyway :)

-Brett

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
A/ A giant middle finger to this company

I think giant is an understatement. A video like that would go viral as soon as metalsucks/facebook pages etc get wind of it and bury Acacia Guitars.

It might be worth one last email demanding a full refund otherwise you're going to smash the guitar. It sounds like they are ignoring you in the hopes you go away. They just posted on Facebook that they are stepping up their game and building lots of new guitars so they can definitely afford to give you a refund.

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
Go one last email Cody. Tell them the deal. See if they relent. If not feel free to use my 20 tonne press to lower the action on this piece of shit. And the nut. And the...

If you get your $3000+ back you'll buy yourself a nice guitar until the custom arrives.

Do what feels right for YOU. You won't lose your order either way :)