NGD - Carvin DC727 - 56k tough

• Thread starter Syrinx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syrinx

Reaction score
Oh my.. very very happy with how it turned out. Maybe a tiny bit darker than I hoped for but I'm still extremely happy. It's VERY hard to get a decent picture of the finish - seems to be a common thing lol. The flash is too bright, it's completely sunny today which is actually too much light, I need some clouds. Without further ado...

Koa body w/maple strips in neck.
Flame maple top
Deep triple step tiger's eye finish
Ebony board w/abalone inlays
Active/passive electronics

This is the closest thing to natural color

carvin12.jpg

carvin13.jpg

Inside with flash:

carvin2.jpg

carvin3.jpg

Outside:

carvin11.jpg

carvin9.jpg

carvin10.jpg

carvin8.jpg

carvin4.jpg

carvin5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Thats the nicest Carvin I've ever seen. Massive congrats sir.

Fantomas

blah
Reaction score
nice guitar, love the finish but excuse my ignorance: wtf are all the switches for?

DesertBurst

need moar dorrar
Reaction score
nice guitar, love the finish but excuse my ignorance: wtf are all the switches for?

pickup selector, 2tone 2 volume, and 3 additional switches are coil splitters and a phase switch.

Attachments

• acelecsystem.jpg
    acelecsystem.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 35

revclay

Reaction score
That thing is purdy. If you don't mind me asking, when did you order yours? I've got one on the way and I am getting very anxious for it to come in. Congrats on the new guitar! She's a beauty.

Syrinx

Reaction score

I got the passive/active electronics which are just silly fun. Two toggles will make either pickup single coil which can also be mixed when in mid position which is cool. Also when in mid position the 3rd toggle puts them in or out of phase.

The top two knobs are standard tone and volume, the bottom are for the active mode and provide a treble boost and low cut. There are so many options I'll be experimenting for a long long time. Even without having a piezo option on the 7 strings, with the active mode and tweaking some of the settings, it's a close enough acoustic sound to get the job done.

Thanks everyone for the grats :)

Syrinx

Reaction score
That thing is purdy. If you don't mind me asking, when did you order yours? I've got one on the way and I am getting very anxious for it to come in. Congrats on the new guitar! She's a beauty.

I placed my order on 3/3, and my post card said expected date was 4/22. I had read a ton of posts from people being delayed 2 weeks so I had a feeling it would happen but 4/22 rolled around and I had no new card, and nothing from Carvin so I called them. The told me "Oh sorry it's been pushed back a week, but should be towards the end of next week." Last Thursday rolled around so I called to check again and to pay off the balance, he came back "Sorry, another delay but definitely next week." I got my shipping email on Tuesday.

Hang in there! It's definitely been worth the wait.

revclay

Reaction score
Syrinx - Thanks! I ordered mine at the same time. And yes, it is always worth the wait. This will be Carvin number 2. The end is definitely the worst part. Now quit posting and start playing, hahaha.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Gorgeous in every way. I like that the back of the neck is not painted. what finish option did you choose for the back of the neck?

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Whooaaaa! That is superb. Those inlays are just... just.... whoooaa! And don't start me on the flame maple top.

Latest posts