NGD Carvin Dc800 Purple quilt

• Thread starter mikernaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
damn....gorgeous. i could never play an 8 string (barely playing a 7)...but that is just an amazing axe. i've loved carvin's designs since the 80s/90s....just could never afford one.

hngd!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonok

Reaction score
That thing is beautiful. Ive never played a carvin but they look damn nice. Only thing that bothers me about them is the fact that the volume knob is RIGHT under the bridge pup. WTF?!?

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Beautiful!

If it hasn't been mentioned yet. Head over to Circle K Strings and get some new strings from them. Once you get the right tension it will sound a lot better! I'm running an 082 for my F# and a 061 for my B. :)
FYI if you go higher than a 074 you will need to drill out the sperzel tuner to fit. Piece of cake, though!

Gorgeous guitar!!

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
Hey, man. Quick question: Did the previous owner install those pearl tuners after receiving the guitar or did he have those installed by Carvin when he ordered? I ordered chrome hardware as well, but I was told that the pearl sperzel tuning heads were only available with black hardware.

HRC51

Reaction score
Carvin really seems to have taken on the 8 string market and knocked out some sweet guitars.