I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
They're spot on quality wise and really consistent but totally not fairly priced, at least not anymore imho.

If i had to reorder one of my two vaders,same specs, I would pay something like 800$ dollars more than i did.

The finishes like chameleon or sparkle have always been uber priced, but now they've inflated all the prices for every single spec: 300$ for a satin finish on a neckthrou guitar Is robbery.

Considering import taxes, a simple vader with solid color finish, 5 piece satin neck, would cost me more then 3k. At that price i'd look somewhere else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
(...) disgusting guitars that look like a normal guitar that was adjusted randomly in that pinch-and-pull game in Super Mario Party.
Finally someone said it. As much as I don't care about burl tops, those ugly shapes of Kiesel bother me big time, it's a mystery to me how the fuck people buy those monstrosity.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it's just so incredibly arbitrary. Like a child's drawing of a stratocaster.
That's, like, your opinion, man. I don't usually like Jeff's designs, I get edgelord vibes from most of them. The Vanquish feels "elegant offset" meets "headless modern metal" to me, in such a comfortable form, without feeling edge lord-y.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Yea price increases really do suck in a capitalistic society. I wanna make it clear that I bought my last Kiesel in 2018 or 2019 and if I was to go on the builder and build the same specs today ....it's allot more now lmao. I lucked out having all my builds pre covid.

One thing I will stand firm on is that every Kiesel I've had was better than my experience with Gibson Custom (check out how much their prices have gone up lmao). My old UV777 was about the only guitar that was close to or equal quality. But as others have mentioned I feel like once you get around the 2000 price tag the quality factor really doesn't go up much from there. If you're in that price range and want someting like a Gibson standard LP or an expensive American fender your doing a disservice to youself by not at least looking into Kiesel IMHO. YMMV

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's, like, your opinion, man. I don't usually like Jeff's designs, I get edgelord vibes from most of them. The Vanquish feels "elegant offset" meets "headless modern metal" to me, in such a comfortable form, without feeling edge lord-y.

Well it does look comfortable, at least.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said this multiple times that I'll never directly give Kiesel my money, but I will absolutely buy a used one off some poor bastard who is desperately trying to sell it for a fraction of what they paid for it. That's where the value is these days and always has been.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
One thing I will say, having ordered a Kiesel and had a great experience....

The DC700 that's in my store is a dog and we have discounted it so many times and still sitting there. That guitar and others experiences and Jeff's attitude have completely put me off buying another one.

I absolutely adore mine, but I don't wanna roll the dice again.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I absolutely adore mine, but I don't wanna roll the dice again.
It's kind of bananas, that so many people online (including me) have a trepidation of ordering Kiesel because of how they operate and their owner's attitude. As a company, it's so easy to speak in a professional manner and take the higher road. They don't even have to bend over backwards for a customer, just don't be an ass about it.
This one sticks out to me, at 14:49

Guy was having to go back and forth with Jeff asking about the shoddy inlays, and he responded "I am not going to have you knock my work, show some respect" like dude wtf. Even if the customer was being unreasonable, why be like that😵‍💫
The side inlays were shoddy, too, mine don't look like that. It's one thing on an import, but it's another on K-series that's thousands of dollars that Jeff seems to think should compete with Suhr and PRS.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's kind of bananas, that so many people online (including me) have a trepidation of ordering Kiesel because of how they operate and their owner's attitude. As a company, it's so easy to speak in a professional manner and take the higher road. They don't even have to bend over backwards for a customer, just don't be an ass about it.
This one sticks out to me, at 14:49

Guy was having to go back and forth with Jeff asking about the shoddy inlays, and he responded "I am not going to have you knock my work, show some respect" like dude wtf. Even if the customer was being unreasonable, why be like that😵‍💫
The side inlays were shoddy, too, mine don't look like that. It's one thing on an import, but it's another on K-series that's thousands of dollars that Jeff seems to think should compete with Suhr and PRS.

lol, whose fuckin' idea was it to review a guitar and a beer in the same video. I mean... I know whose idea, but why? WHY!?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol, whose fuckin' idea was it to review a guitar and a beer in the same video. I mean... I know whose idea, but why? WHY!?
I really don't like Arnold's channel. Maybe he's gotten better but he was on my radar when the channel was new, he was not a very good player, his audio and video production were both rather poor, his on camera skills were poor, yet he was still soliciting sponsors and free gear when he was like sub-25k subscribers.

You can get away with a couple of those things but not all of them without feeling like you just made a channel for free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.