NGD: Epiphone Annihilation - Jeff Waters Signature Model

• Thread starter indrangelion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

indrangelion

You guys are funny
Reaction score
Hey all!

Been lusting after this one for quite a while now, especially since I played one while I was in Japan. 1 Of only 2 Epiphones I'm actually keen on, and being a Jeff Waters/Annihilator fan, I just had to get it.

Found this on a whim visit to a local pawn shop. Was pleasantly surprised to see something like this ending up at such a place. It's quite tough to find this model in Australia (the red one anyway), so I bought it without hesitation!

It was in very, very poor condition, aesthetically. It had one of the grimiest, filthiest-looking fretboard I've ever laid eyes on. The strings were rusty as hell, and looked as if the low E string was about to snap at the bridge. The frets needed a lot of polishing. And the body was covered in what can only be described as "fried chicken grease".

There's a strange sense of satisfaction after you've restored/rescued a guitar from such condition. Certainly what I felt when I took these photos. Enjoy!

IMG_0476_zps85f48c21.jpg

IMG_0477_zps40a48569.jpg

Check out that reflection on that fretboard! Glossy :cool:
IMG_0480_zps43a55a5d.jpg

IMG_0481_zps87c284c3.jpg

IMG_0484_zpsebc1efc1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cronux

Reaction score
yep, hard to find here in Croatia as well. that's one awesome looking guitar!

HNGD!

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Awesome, that's an old school V I'd rock any day. Annihilator is cool, too!

I did the same 'rescuing' with the Jackson Warrior WRMG I 'salvaged' from a friend of mine. It is now my #1 and I don't see me letting go of that anytime soon.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
That's a bad-ass axe, man! Jeff always comes across as a cool person in the videos I've seen of him, great guitarist. Congratulations on your ngd!