NGD: ESP LTD EC-407 Black

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I AM BAND.

1077woy.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new axe. You mentioned it was a "low end LTD" but were still "VERY impressed". I have LTD's, Edwards, ESP Standards, and ESP Custom shops. Some of the LTD's have rivaled the Edwards and ESP standards in terms of quality while others haven't been close. I usually tell people to play the LTD's in person (before buying) just to make sure you got a good one. Glad to hear YOU ended up with a good one.

Reaction score
Picked one up about a month ago. This is definaltely my favorite guitar by far. Only thing I did was put Seymore Duncan Blackouts in mine. This is my first 7 string and I've defnately fiuns something I like to play all the time.

zakhooi

Reaction score
Picked one up about a month ago. This is definaltely my favorite guitar by far. Only thing I did was put Seymore Duncan Blackouts in mine. This is my first 7 string and I've defnately fiuns something I like to play all the time.

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing; replacing the 707 with SD blackouts.
Now I have a question for you: can I just replace the pickups using the 'quick connect' system? So without replacing the wiring and pots?
I though it's just a matter of disconnecting the 707, connect the blackout and ready for action.

Is that correct?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
If someone buys my LP I think I might go out and buy one of these....

You takin this bad boy out on tour?

fassaction

Reaction score
how do the EMGs sound plugged in??

I just sold my Agile septor that I had swapped in EMG707s, and I have to admit....I was really disappointed with how they sounded. Ive always been a fan of the active EMGs, but those were kind of a let down for me. Even with the 18volt mod, i just thought they sounded terrible, muddy, and was just generally unhappy with them.

Gorgeous guitar, btw! I have always loved the EC series. Ill take my EC-1000 over a les paul anyday.

cosmitron

Reaction score
how do the EMGs sound plugged in??

I just sold my Agile septor that I had swapped in EMG707s, and I have to admit....I was really disappointed with how they sounded. Ive always been a fan of the active EMGs, but those were kind of a let down for me. Even with the 18volt mod, i just thought they sounded terrible, muddy, and was just generally unhappy with them.

Gorgeous guitar, btw! I have always loved the EC series. Ill take my EC-1000 over a les paul anyday.

Just got mine for a couple of days so, as far as I can tell, they sound more than ok if not really good for anything metal (with a real nice clarity/definition and no fuzz), but they lack some breath and sound weak for crunch tones imho. I'll get me some bareknuckles asap.

cosmitron

Reaction score
I got the satin white as well (and also made a thread about it).
Although I love the way it looks from a short distance, i'm curious about the finish itself. The white "painting" looks like a thin film rather than proper painting. It seems like the binding and the white satin stuff don't share the same varnish. For some reason, the black version seems to have a different finish method.
It doesn't bother me that much, but people who could be interested in those guitars and who could be more picky about finish than I am, might want to know about this. (in case they can only order online)
I also asked for a gigbag so I can easily bring the guitar in the plane, but, just for the record, did yours came with the ESP case ?

chest rockwell

Forum MVP
Reaction score
i have a case with mine. and you are right, where the finish meets the binding looks a litle strange. its like they put a giant white sticker on it

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
That white looks awesome though. Atleast from a picture stand point. Always loved the look of a white with black hardware EC!!!
Cant wait to hear some clips with it Buzz!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Well I played one of these for a while at Guitar Center today (I wasn't even at a store that takes care of their instruments) and holy shit. Such a nice guitar, easily stands up to my LP studio that I'm selling (to fund the purchase of another 7 lol). I never thought I'd have these sorts of feelings about a Chinese made guitar
eek.gif

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Hey Alex, since you own both this guitar and the H-1007, would you say the quality/playability of the deluxe is that much ahead of this one? I really much prefer the looks of this guitar, and in either situation I would eventually be swapping out the pickups for either dimarzios or BKPs

Latest posts