NGD - ESP Page Hamilton

• Thread starter JD27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing this one for a few months. Arrived in Minty fresh condition, just needed a string change and fret polish.

SPECS:
• NECK-THRU CONSTRUCTION
• 25.5” SCALE
• ALDER BODY
• 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK
• EBONY FINGERBOARD
• DIMARZIO AIR ZONE (B) & FAST TRACK (N) PICKUPS
• VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY TOGGLE
• BLACK HARDWARE
• SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS
• GRAPHITE NUT
• WILKINSON VS-100 VIBRATO
• 24 XJ FRETS

Plays effortlessly, the action is just silly low on this one and buzz free. I like Wilkinson tremolos, so no complaints there. Never tried these DiMarzios before, but they work quite well with the alder/maple/ebony wood combination. Don't think I am going to change them out. The bridge remains nice and clear with a good amount off bass, not overly hot either. Kind of a mid output pickup. The brushed aluminum finish looks really cool in person too.

image_zpsamppaxgs.jpeg

image_zps9npbwxs6.jpeg

image_zpshdmoamgh.jpeg

image_zpsm04qs2yc.jpeg

image_zpszpfywwqj.jpeg

image_zpsebdfzjv2.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
Glad you finally got it! I'm not a fan of the headstock, but otherwise this is one of the best looking ESPs I've ever seen. Something about that top carve looks so perfect with that finish. Awesome!

crystallake

Reaction score
Awesome! I had the LTD version years ago when they were released. Really dug that axe. Congrats!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Just killer dude. Glad we seem to agree that the brushed aluminum finish looks excellent on your floors! Seriously though, if I could have, I might have jumped on this before you, but I'm glad you got it! Everyone needs a custom shop, cockstock Horizon.
Pure beauty! Mega congrats!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Glad you finally got it! I'm not a fan of the headstock, but otherwise this is one of the best looking ESPs I've ever seen. Something about that top carve looks so perfect with that finish. Awesome!

I don't mind the cockstock, though I do prefer the inline 6. Funny you mention that top carve, my friend brought that up over the weekend as well. It seems much more pronounced due to the finish. It's no different than my other Horizon physically though.

Awesome! I had the LTD version years ago when they were released. Really dug that axe. Congrats!

I guess they didn't make many of either, I've rarely seen PH-600s for sale and this is the only used ESP model I've seen. Very cool though, especially being alder with H/S configuration and a Wilkinson. Odd his magenta relic finished signature fans a Floyd, wonder why he chose different bridges?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Just killer dude. Glad we seem to agree that the brushed aluminum finish looks excellent on your floors! Seriously though, if I could have, I might have jumped on this before you, but I'm glad you got it! Everyone needs a custom shop, cockstock Horizon.
Pure beauty! Mega congrats!

It's one ugly overcast day, so pictures look like crap. Honestly, l did buy it to match my floors though:lol: I understand he based the finish on a PRS he had, but I can't find pictures of that one.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I don't mind the cockstock, though I do prefer the inline 6. Funny you mention that top carve, my friend brought that up over the weekend as well. It seems much more pronounced due to the finish. It's no different than my other Horizon physically though.

I think all of Page's customs and sigs are based mostly on his Horizon's from the 90s. Side by side with a 90s and newer one, I did notice the carve on the wings was more pronounced, slightly less rounded, a bit more sharp. Not much, but yeah, the finish adds to it being pronounced.
Also, since you posted this I've had "Wilma's Rainbow" stuck in my head. Way to go.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I think all of Page's customs and sigs are based mostly on his Horizon's from the 90s. Side by side with a 90s and newer one, I did notice the carve on the wings was more pronounced, slightly less rounded, a bit more sharp. Not much, but yeah, the finish adds to it being pronounced.
Also, since you posted this I've had "Wilma's Rainbow" stuck in my head. Way to go.

Maybe, I still the carve on my other Horizon, just appears more subdued because of the dark blue.

The richest junk dealer!:lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
One of the best ESP sigs ever.

Zado

Reaction score
I always though that apart from the bridge, which I happen to not particulartly like, this is the best signature ESP has ever made. Congrats mate

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
Incredibly jealous.

I've never seen a proper ESP one for sale.

pkgitar

Reaction score
Damn, dude. Your taste couldn't be much better! Been in love with that guitar for years, but have never pulled the trigger when I've seen them for sale due to the painted neck. One of the best looking ESPs. Congrats!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Damn, dude. Your taste couldn't be much better! Been in love with that guitar for years, but have never pulled the trigger when I've seen them for sale due to the painted neck. One of the best looking ESPs. Congrats!

I prefer satin or oiled as well, but I don't mind ESP necks, they are never tacky when painted.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Not a fan of this headstock (i much prefer inline 6 reversed), BUT this finish is so COOL. Brushed metal looks mean, minimalistic and elegant at the same time.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
:hbang:
Congrats on scoring one of the classiest guitars ever!

This is one of my favourite guitars ever made I wish they'd reissue it but last time I saw Helmet Page was playing a version of this with a trans black top so I currently live in hope of that getting a release.

Odd his magenta relic finished signature fans a Floyd, wonder why he chose different bridges?

The magenta model is a replica of Pages' first ESP guitar which was a Horizon custom from 1989 so it has a Floyd for spec authenticity whereas the aluminium/PH-600 has a Wilkinson because that's the bridge he actually prefers and has on all his non "1989" style customs.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
:hbang:
Congrats on scoring one of the classiest guitars ever!

This is one of my favourite guitars ever made I wish they'd reissue it but last time I saw Helmet Page was playing a version of this with a trans black top so I currently live in hope of that getting a release.

The magenta model is a replica of Pages' first ESP guitar which was a Horizon custom from 1989 so it has a Floyd for spec authenticity whereas the aluminium/PH-600 has a Wilkinson because that's the bridge he actually prefers and has on all his non "1989" style customs.

Ah, that makes more sense.:yesway:

Latest posts