NGD:Fakemachine B2 (COPY MACHINE CONTENT)

• Thread starter Scotty1073
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty1073

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time posting here on the SS forums, and what a better way to break the ice than to show ya'll my B2 copy I got a few weeks ago. So lets get into it....

Rock maple body
Ebony top
5 pc Bolivian rosewood/ebony neck
Ivoroid binding
BKP Aftermath calibrated set
Schaller/Hans Bridge
Sperzel locking tuners
1 vol & 3 way selector

The other guitarist in my band MikeyEngl had a similar guitar built for him by the same luthier, who operates out of the UK.

This guitar is exactly how I imagined it to be, and more! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I will be posting up some audio samples shortly.

P2130867.jpg

P2130868.jpg

P2130873.jpg

P2130865.jpg

P2130861.jpg

P2130862.jpg

:shred:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time posting here on the SS forums, and what a better way to break the ice than to show ya'll my B2 copy I got a few weeks ago. So lets get into it....

The other guitarist in my band MikeyEngl had a similar guitar built for him by the same luthier, who operates out of the UK.

Two things: 1) If your guitar is a copy, it's NOT a "Blackmachine B2" and 2) Why do both you and MikeyENGL refuse to post the name os said luthier building these copies? I noticed he refused to say who it was that built his guitar in his for sale thread... seemed odd. :shrug:

arkohors

Reaction score
Two things: 1) If your guitar is a copy, it's NOT a "Blackmachine B2" and 2) Why do both you and MikeyENGL refuse to post the name os said luthier building these copies? I noticed he refused to say who it was that built his guitar in his for sale thread... seemed odd. :shrug:

If it is from the same luthier as MikeyENGL's, then it is a Mercer.

Scotty1073

Reaction score
What would you like me to call it then? I stated in description that it indeed is a copy...copy of a B2....so its a B2 as far as im concerned for description purposes.

The luthier asked me and Mikey to not throw his name around because he is currently in the beginning phases of releasing his own line of custom instruments, and did not want his black machine copies to shadow any of his own builds he will be offering shortly. So out of respect for the luthier, I don't give his name out.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
What would you like me to call it then? I stated in description that it indeed is a copy...copy of a B2....so its a B2 as far as im concerned for description purposes.

The luthier asked me and Mikey to not throw his name around because he is currently in the beginning phases of releasing his own line of custom instruments, and did not want his black machine copies to shadow any of his own builds he will be offering shortly. So out of respect for the luthier, I don't give his name out.

You straight up called it a "Blackmachine B2" in your title man, nothing about it being a copy or anything there. :lol: If Mercer doesn't want you using his name, you should call it "Fakemachine B2 Copy" instead perhaps? :shrug: It's not a Blackmachine, so I think most folks would agree your title is misleading. That being said, I looked up Mercer guitars and they don't seem to have a proper website currently so I don't think he has much to worry about as far as "shadowing" (I'm assuming you meant overshadowing...) his proper work. Sounds like despite the efforts of the both of you, his name still got out so you might as well change the title to "Mercer Guitars BM Copy" or something of that nature. :2c:

Scotty1073

Reaction score
You straight up called it a "Blackmachine B2" in your title man, nothing about it being a copy or anything there. :lol: If Mercer doesn't want you using his name, you should call it "Fakemachine B2 Copy" instead perhaps? :shrug: It's not a Blackmachine, so I think most folks would agree your title is misleading. That being said, I looked up Mercer guitars and they don't seem to have a proper website currently so I don't think he has much to worry about as far as "shadowing" (I'm assuming you meant overshadowing...) his proper work. Sounds like despite the efforts of the both of you, his name still got out so you might as well change the title to "Mercer Guitars BM Copy" or something of that nature. :2c:

sorry to upset you man. :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
sorry to upset you man. :yesway:

It's not even a case of being "upset" but moreso "annoyed" when people act cryptic about what they're posting. I don't own a Blackmachine nor do I come to bat for Doug as he's pulled some weird shit himself, I'm just a fan of full disclosure. Just call it what it is, a Mercer BM-style copy. :wavey:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
For what it's worth, a very accurate looking copy, right down to the binding material on the neck. I'd be interested to know how it plays though.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wish I could afford something like that at the moment haha

Ignore the copymachine hate around here. As long as you're happy, who gives a shit?