NGD: Ibanez RGD7UC-ISH

• Thread starter Ammusa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ammusa

Reaction score
Here we go! Been drooling after this since it came out. I had a chance to get one with the help of the best Finnish Ibanez dealer Levytukku. Big thanks goes to them.

It's from the older batch without the SS frets. It was set up nicely and it sounds huge!

Got some fresh NYXL strings on it and did some set up to my tuning (drop G#). Can't wait to plug it to my Laney...

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ammusa

Reaction score
Cheers mates! I just love it! The built quality is awesome and the neck was fitted really tight. The fingerboard is really thick piece of ebony.

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

Ammusa

Reaction score
Thanks guy's! Been here since 2011, and this was the first guitar that was worth of NGD :)

I'm using my Apex100 as my main seven, and last november I got RGAIX7FM cause it had a fixed bridge. The build quality was not so goo. I played two gigs with it, it did the job, but it didn't give me that "Wow" feeling when I played it. So I made a promise to my self, and I will not buy any Ibanez that's made in somewhere else than Japan.

Now I'll retire my Apex as a backup, and will give hell to the RGD on our gigs :)

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
Gorgeous! HNGD! I've been heavily considering getting one of these to replace my KM7. The shape and carve is killer and it comes with fantastic specs. I just wish there were inlays...my last blank fretboard guitar started to wear on me when I sometimes was still hitting wrong notes on the high frets even after a lot of time with it.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Thanks guy's! Been here since 2011, and this was the first guitar that was worth of NGD :)

I'm using my Apex100 as my main seven, and last november I got RGAIX7FM cause it had a fixed bridge. The build quality was not so goo. I played two gigs with it, it did the job, but it didn't give me that "Wow" feeling when I played it. So I made a promise to my self, and I will not buy any Ibanez that's made in somewhere else than Japan.

Now I'll retire my Apex as a backup, and will give hell to the RGD on our gigs :)

As an Ibanez fanboy, it kinda hurts whenever I hear someone say they won't use anything that isn't a Prestige, but props to you for being able to afford and enjoy very nice guitars.

Ammusa

Reaction score
First practice done with the UC. Plugged it in to my Laney IRT60 and it sounded huge! It plays like butter and I just fell in love with the Bare Knuckle pickups <3

I can't wait to play a gig with it!

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I STILL adore my 2013 RGD2127z.

The stock v77/v87 pickups are good. The Aftermaths are amazing. I settled on some magnet swapped Duncans (modified Nazgul/sentient set) for the time being.

Hands down, the RGD Prestige Ibanez guitars are win!

Zeus1907

Reaction score
Congrats. Amazing guitar, I love mine. The finish seems so thin though and chips easily. My only gripe.
But overall a great guitar. I love the blank ebony board.

Ammusa

Reaction score
I STILL adore my 2013 RGD2127z.

The stock v77/v87 pickups are good. The Aftermaths are amazing. I settled on some magnet swapped Duncans (modified Nazgul/sentient set) for the time being.

Hands down, the RGD Prestige Ibanez guitars are win!

I was thinking of getting the 2127FX, but I just love ebony board, so I had to put down a few more hundred to get the UC.

davis1224

Reaction score
Really nice axe bro, always loved the look of the RGD, stealth and classy, the prestige uppercut series is a really classy series

Ammusa

Reaction score
Really nice axe bro, always loved the look of the RGD, stealth and classy, the prestige uppercut series is a really classy series

Thanks bro! Still been blown out how good it is. Just can't wait to get her on stage with me on our next gig :hbang: