NGD: It's an LP and what an LP

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I haven't really posted NGD's here because the pics load rotated :rant:.

But I'll just use the original listing photos ;)

2021 R9 in "royal teaburst" with burstbucker 1 and 2 instead of the custombuckers. Previous owner had actual vintage PAF's but it obviously didnt' come with those. I believe I am the second owner. Hilariously this is a birth month guitar, and 2021 was my first birthday as a parent.

This thing is insane. Light, great neck, great sound unplugged, and it feels like it's a custom shop instrument. My poor limited edition R8 is on the block. I may put some A3 pickups into it later, time will tell. This one will likely go to my kiddo.

My second time basically buying a guitar because it looks great and coming out on top :lol:. For those who recall my 1-piece 594, that has flown the coop.

The goods (sorry for the sizes)

1-jpg.568110

2-jpg.568111

4-jpg.568112

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That is sexy. I was expecting a custom tho..NGL
This was supposed to be an all original '76 but the seller backed out after I spent 2 hours a/b'ing with my '96 standard and generally checking out his guitars (TA's) and setup. Had I brought cash (had to sell to fund) I woulda brought it home.

This one is a much better guitar.

Reaction score
This was supposed to be an all original '76 but the seller backed out after I spent 2 hours a/b'ing with my '96 standard and generally checking out his guitars (TA's) and setup. Had I brought cash (had to sell to fund) I woulda brought it home.

This one is a much better guitar.
It is a super sexy guitar. That top is amazing.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a super sexy guitar. That top is amazing.
It came with the pickguard on, which I'm leaving because I am heavy-handed at times. It'll earn its wear though.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I have always liked those 1950s style amber knobs over pretty much anything else on that style of guitar and top. Also, tea burst & lemon burst have to be some of the best classic style finishes to show off some nice maple. Great find! You said that one isn't custom shop; is it a 50's style LP, but not VOS or True Historic?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have always liked those 1950s style amber knobs over pretty much anything else on that style of guitar and top. Also, tea burst & lemon burst have to be some of the best classic style finishes to show off some nice maple. Great find! You said that one isn't custom shop; is it a 50's style LP, but not VOS or True Historic?
This one is CS VOS. It may get 9’s yet. Put another 3 hours on it tonight. Late nights since it has come home.

Musiscience

Reaction score
This is sick. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Les Paul with a top this good, ever.

HNGD, enjoy it!