NGD: Jackson CS Select Warrior

• Thread starter Tho
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tho

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

Grover13: what did you order? :)

Nagash: that's why it's only half an inch ;-) normally it's right below the screw for pickup adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
Sick, happy NGD. I have a question, I have a couple CS's as well... how's the weight on yours?

I have had two alder CS Warrior's and my buddy has a mahogany King V CS. They are all awesome, but surprisingly light, almost too light, considering the large bodies

Tho

Reaction score
Sick, happy NGD. I have a question, I have a couple CS's as well... how's the weight on yours?

I have had two alder CS Warrior's and my buddy has a mahogany King V CS. They are all awesome, but surprisingly light, almost too light, considering the large bodies

Funny that you mention this, for I am surprised about the weight too. But I think this has something to do with the location of the strap buttons. The weight is more spread than my soloist. Know what I mean?

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
Funny that you mention this, for I am surprised about the weight too. But I think this has something to do with the location of the strap buttons. The weight is more spread than my soloist. Know what I mean?

True. I actually weighed my Warrior and it's exactly 8lbs. but it looks like it should weigh more, lol.

How's iit sound?

Tho

Reaction score
It sounds very bright! Very clear high's. Tonight is rehearsal night so I can plug it in to my 6505 (biassed) with ENGL V60 cab and Maxon OD808 in front of it!

Desolate1

Reaction score
Happy NGD!! That thing is awesome. Simple, clean and perfectly functional. This is almost exactly what I would order in a Custom Select Warrior. The only changes I would make would be having a neck pickup with Black Winters bridge and neck and a oil finished neck. I can't believe it only took 4 months to get. I think I need to start saving my pennies for a Custom Select Jackson.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
SEXY. Single humbucker guitars with trems....drool worthy. I'm jealous.

Tho

Reaction score
So, last night I plugged it in to my giggin' rig. It's a biassed 6505, ENGL 4x12 V60 cab, with a Maxon OD808 to boost and an ISP Decimator.

I own another Jackson Custom Shop: It's a soloist, also full mahogany and Floyd Rose and JB in the bridge, but this baby is oiled, no lacquer on it. I will try to tell you the differences between these two axes. Both are tuned in B standard.

The Warrior did GREAT. Like I said it's a very bright guitar, with an amazing definition in the low tones and very loud and clear high's.

The Soloist sounds more dark, and it's louder. The low's have more bass than the Warrior, but the high's are less defined and sound more wooly. This axe sounds like roaring monster, the Warrior sounds a little less agressive but more defined.

Sustain: WAY better on the Warrior. Longer sustain, but also the notes ring out without starting to 'wabble'.

Playability: similair but I like the balance on the Warrior better.

Overall tone: The Soloist is louder, more aggressive. But the Warrior has more definition and better sustain. When I grab a full chord you can hear every string and the low's won't kill the ring of the higher strings.

Conclusion: If both guitars had the low's of the Soloist and the high's, definition and sustain of the Warrior I would have 2 insane guitars. (I do now, to be honest). Both guitars feel great. It's gonna be a very hard choice which I will use on the next album....

Hope I was able to make my story clear! More questions are welcome :wavey: