NGD: Jackson KE2 Kelly USA

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The Kelly has always been my favourite guitar shape ever. I used to have a KE-7 that I sold to a friend. I've bought three 6-strings over the years (since my inner poor attempt of Marty Friedman always tries to come out), but never had an USA one. This thing is the real deal. It's in fantastic condition with only a couple of minuscule dings, and it's as awesome as it looks.

TFrLp4FAVn.webp

This one is from 05. It's condition is quite shocking for a 19 year old guitar:

TPw6Ie8jAS.webp

33s4wtK2cb.webp

kGEbmy7GUH.webp

Not even a dent on the headstock tip! :spock:

SAJxqE4xB1.webp

Frets are also in fantastic shape. The ebony board is as black as it gets. You rarely see ones like these anymore.

cjnFuIr8nN.webp

The back is also 99% clean

M061lCZHPC.webp

HNcGrUPwne.webp

Ok, so this thing rips. Big time. It was professionally set up a couple of weeks ago so it only needs the usual adjustment after shipping. It sounds great, it's relatively light, and it plays like butter. My latest guitar was an ESP E-II Arrow which although it's a fantastic instrument, it's definetely not in the same league. It neckdives more than the ESP, though. But this one has a Dimarzio ClipLock system which is probably the strap with less grip on earth, so a new strap is mandatory.

I haven't touched a 6-string in years, and I'd really love to keep it as I don't think I'll ever find a used KE2 in this condition, but I know me and I always end up selling the 6-strings as the sevenstrings always end up getting all the playtime. One thing is for sure, I'm taking it to the studio next weekend for tracking since my bandmate only plays 6-strings and his guitars are kinda on the classic side of things.

If you haven't tried an USA Jackson yet, do yourself a favor and get one if you can. They just play themselves with a "no-bullshit" attitude. No fancy woods, 27-piece necks, SS frets, or splatterwound pickups. Just a kickass instrument with good old Duncans that just sound great on them.
Time to play! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That looks awesome.

There’s a few jackson usa’s available in Canada.

This one may be the nicest:

But the 01 TOM kelly got my attention briefly too

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
After buying a Kelly with direct mount pickups I can’t accept pickup rings on them any more. 😅 Nice guitar though!

bjjman

Reaction score
A USA Kelly or Warrior with direct mount pickups and a string through body TOM is one of the guitars on my dream list.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Congrats!

Even though I barely play them and think about selling them often now, my two SL2Hs have a particular "it factor" about both of them that just hits so well for me. Not just familiarity, but a "sum is greater than the parts" thing.

USA Jacksons are pretty special.

jahosy

Reaction score
The Kelly has always been my favourite guitar shape ever. I used to have a KE-7 that I sold to a friend. I've bought three 6-strings over the years (since my inner poor attempt of Marty Friedman always tries to come out), but never had an USA one. This thing is the real deal. It's in fantastic condition with only a couple of minuscule dings, and it's as awesome as it looks.

TFrLp4FAVn.webp

This one is from 05. It's condition is quite shocking for a 19 year old guitar:

TPw6Ie8jAS.webp

33s4wtK2cb.webp

kGEbmy7GUH.webp

Not even a dent on the headstock tip! :spock:

SAJxqE4xB1.webp

Frets are also in fantastic shape. The ebony board is as black as it gets. You rarely see ones like these anymore.

cjnFuIr8nN.webp

The back is also 99% clean

M061lCZHPC.webp

HNcGrUPwne.webp

Ok, so this thing rips. Big time. It was professionally set up a couple of weeks ago so it only needs the usual adjustment after shipping. It sounds great, it's relatively light, and it plays like butter. My latest guitar was an ESP E-II Arrow which although it's a fantastic instrument, it's definetely not in the same league. It neckdives more than the ESP, though. But this one has a Dimarzio ClipLock system which is probably the strap with less grip on earth, so a new strap is mandatory.

I haven't touched a 6-string in years, and I'd really love to keep it as I don't think I'll ever find a used KE2 in this condition, but I know me and I always end up selling the 6-strings as the sevenstrings always end up getting all the playtime. One thing is for sure, I'm taking it to the studio next weekend for tracking since my bandmate only plays 6-strings and his guitars are kinda on the classic side of things.

If you haven't tried an USA Jackson yet, do yourself a favor and get one if you can. They just play themselves with a "no-bullshit" attitude. No fancy woods, 27-piece necks, SS frets, or splatterwound pickups. Just a kickass instrument with good old Duncans that just sound great on them.
Time to play! :shred:
Congrats mate! Had a kelly (MIJ KE4) previously but the neck dive was driving me nuts. Not as bad as an SG but still noticeable.

Otherwise your last paragraph is so true haha!

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stunning! The Kelly is my favourite guitar shape I reckon; I’ve had four of them over the years :)

Latest posts