NGD Majesty Arctic Dream

• Thread starter Rich5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rich5150

Reaction score
This thing is awesome love the way it conforms to you when its on a strap, its like it becomes an extension of you. I was meh on them when they 1st were announced but they really grew on me I'm quite glad i picked one up and will be eyeing a 6 string next.

Best part is the Wife picked this one out :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Nice man! I have to ask, any notable or noticeable flaws in the guitar? I've been really digging the looks of these guitars over the usual JP7's.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Congratulations! I love mine more everyday I play. I'm realizing more that it is a step or two above my other guitars... it really sings

Atomic Kemper

Reaction score
Nicest guitar I've seen in decades, perhaps ever

Congrats and Hngd

You got yourself a keeper 4 Life, both the lady ,mistress majesty in the photos, and your real lady, who's got amazing taste, lucky dude lol

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Congrats. That guitar is definitely unique. Plus, I'm happy to know that your wife appreciates it. Thanks for sharing these awesome shots!

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Congrats! I hope you dig it. Took about 7 months, but I fell out of love with mine; I just feel like it lacked the 'oomph' of the anniversary models.

Couple tips:
- ALWAYS change the batteries before a show.
- If you aren't getting any sound, make sure you didn't accidentally change the stereo/mono setting (by pushing the piezo volume knob for a prolonged time).
- Protect it from the elements. Even as a case queen (only taken out for practice and performances; ie not left out all the time) the first fret inlay started to get cloudy under it, indicating it was starting to separate from the wood. EBMM would have taken care of it, so it's not a huge issue, but definitely an annoyance.

Otherwise, it's a great little axe!

EarlWellington

Reaction score
I think they're an interesting guitar but the first fret inlay just sticks out like it doesn't belong for the quality of the rest of the instrument. That said I'd have one in a heartbeat

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
What they should have done for the inlay was actually cut it out (lasers, or whatever) rather than a single "block." I think they ultimately inlayed themselves into a corner with this guitar - since all the inlays were mirrors, in order to get the first inlay mirrored, they had to sacrifice the precision that abalone/MOP would have afforded them. In fact, if you look close at even the fret marker mirrors, they have little tiny chips and imperfections in the back/sides of them (not the part you can feel, which feels flawless and smooth) as this is a natural consequence of cutting glass.

Ammusa

Reaction score
It reminds me of a shovel... Congrats mate, it shure is a great axe!

Timelesseer

Reaction score
HNGD man! I've been wanting a Majesty pretty bad ever since they released them. If I don't jive with my Duvell when it comes in, I'll probably try to sell it to fund one of the new Artisan ones.