NGD : My second ever NGD here (56K = should survive nuclear fallout)

• Thread starter Harry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well folks, after 9 months of no new guitar days, my second one is here.
I recently bought this RG 1527 off forum member Pirelli. I got a great deal on it, and it's in fantastic condition and comes preloaded with Dimarzio Blaze Bridge and Neck pickups, locking stud mod, CTS pots and with high quality Fender 5 way switch.
Sorry for the poor pictures, wasn't really able to get any good ones, but here are pics nonetheless:hbang:

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I just took my 7 to be moded (locking studs), miss it already... now I have an excuse to raid your house.

Congrats dude. Now I have to get another 1527 as well too eh? :lol: Hopefully it's white w/maple board... :pray:

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Congrats Harry. When this was in the classifieds I was tempted also, having never owned a prestige Ibanez before. The Blazes would be been extra incentive. Now lets see some cover vids. :yesway:

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Congrats!! The white hardware is indeed gorgeous against that finish. :metal:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome axe Harry. :yesway:

How are you finding it compared to the RG7421?

Honestly, they are pretty much evenly matched really. The RG 7421s were always a fine axe.
Where the RG 7421 does fall down is tuning stability, but to be far, that is only really the low B string because the owner before me had big strings on there and since I'm a light gauge guy (56 for the B) it tends to not fit the nut well.
The RG 7421 is also older too, so of course it's a little bit more worn, but as far as playability goes, both possess necks that are absolutely perfect for me.
As for sound, my Blackouts equipped RG 7421 is superior for metal, but of course that is at the expense of a coil split ability.
With the RG 1527, I can get some great metal tones too, as well as great rock tones and the coil split ability means that between the 2 guitars I can cover a lot of tonal ground.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
Awesome dude! I love my RG 1527 to death :yesway:

The neck is possibly the best thing ever