NGD: Parker Fly Deluxe (Tangerine) Photo Gallery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I love Parkers, hate their new prices.

Fly Deluxe used to be 2200 like 3 years ago, now it's 2850.

I hope you can sell them Nick, that's got to be a tough business.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love Parkers, hate their new prices.

Fly Deluxe used to be 2200 like 3 years ago, now it's 2850.

I hope you can sell them Nick, that's got to be a tough business.

Thanks man.

Actually they're $3299 now not $2850. The Mojos, Classics, and Deluxes now all have the same price. I know, it's super expensive and I'm sure it will be very difficult to sell these but I felt it was worth the shot because I really believe in these things. They're truly special.

Obviously I can cut people deals occasionally, but no matter what it's going to be expensive. However for what its worth I do feel USA Parkers are one of the few guitars that have the quality and design innovations to justify such prices. I don't think you can say the same about a lot of other $3000+ guitars out there.

Actually, Parker makes an adaptor (nicknamed the "Bullwinkle" for its resemblance to moose horns) that allow you to hang a Parker in a regular guitar hanger by placing the tuners into a cascading row of notches.

Accessories | Accessories

Yep I already mentioned that those come with the guitars earlier in the thread :)

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Awesome guitars and I'd love to have one, but priced well into small luthier custom territory. Guess I'll have to scratch the Parker itch someday with an eBay'd Fly Deluxe.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Zim, I know you've personally owned Parkers previously. How do you compare these Wash-Parker-Burns to the old Parkers? Revised control layout vs the old style? etc. What spring are these coming with (9,10) for trem / string tension?

Thanks.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the pickups of the new Parkers vs the older Dimarzio's . That color is stunning... damn their prices are crazy now... and to think I sold an old Plum Fly Deluxe for $800 and then bought a used black one for $1000.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Zim, I know you've personally owned Parkers previously. How do you compare these Wash-Parker-Burns to the old Parkers? Revised control layout vs the old style? etc. What spring are these coming with (9,10) for trem / string tension?

Thanks.

There's no difference in quality. Parkers have such a complex design process and require such specific machines to make them, that Washburn really couldn't have fucked it up even if they tried. They've tried reverse engineering it and failed. They have the exact same process as when Ken was still running things. The only difference really is the controls and the tension wheel being in a different place and they have push/pull coil split knobs.

They sitll use the same unique spring bar system. They come stock with 9s, and include a 10 bar. You can get ones for 11s and 12s as well. However, a lot of people confuse that system. For example, if you intend on tuning to E using 11s, then yes youd want the '11' spring. However, if you're going to be tuning to C# for example, then you'd still use the '9' spring since the tension would be relatively close to the same.

It's like on a traditional trem. If a guitar comes setup perfect in E w/ 9s, then you should be able to tune it to D with 10s without needing to make many (if any) adjustments to the spring tension because the amount of overall tension would be the same.

Yeah I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the pickups of the new Parkers vs the older Dimarzio's . That color is stunning... damn their prices are crazy now... and to think I sold an old Plum Fly Deluxe for $800 and then bought a used black one for $1000.

The DiMarzios that have been in there since '98 or so sound great. The bridge one is kind of like the original Tone Zone but tighter and perhaps a touch hotter. The old DiMarzios in the ones I used to own sounded good also, but were noisier and brighter. The newer ones definitely have more balls.

Awesome guitars and I'd love to have one, but priced well into small luthier custom territory. Guess I'll have to scratch the Parker itch someday with an eBay'd Fly Deluxe.

Yes definitely these prices are a higher than what an custom shop Rico Jr would cost for example, but you could really say that about a lot of high-end production model guitars (ie: Gibson, PRS, Suhr, even some Ibanez/ESP).

They are expensive, but they are 100% unique and there's no way to get something like this without getting a Parker. So hopefully there'll still be some market for them still, but I agree they're taking a huge risk by raising the prices like this (and by extension, I'm at risk by putting my faith in them).

Hopefully it'll work out. I'm confident when customers come in the shop and play one they'll have a response akin to "oh, I see why this costs $3000 now" ;)

They certainly have less expensive models though, they were just trying to keep the prices consistent between all the high-end Flys (classic, deluxe, mojo). The Mojo Flame, Artist, and Supreme naturally are a bit more as well.

Speedy Fingers

dat heel
Reaction score
Fucking sexy. That's definitely the finish I'm having on my next one. IMO, emerald green and tangerine are the best of all of them.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fucking sexy. That's definitely the finish I'm having on my next one. IMO, emerald green and tangerine are the best of all of them.

Cool :yesway:

Think so eh? Wait till you see the other ones I'm getting in soon :)

Speedy Fingers

dat heel
Reaction score
I can't wait! Best guitars on the planet.

Btw, are the necks any thicker than they used to be? My friend's mojo has a much thicker neck than my deluxe.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah it's weird about the neck profiles. I noticed the silverburst Mojo I had was thicker than the Fly Deluxes I've owned.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
That color is seriously awesome. I wish my Mojo was that color. Here is a picture of the Bullwinkle hanger thing in action.
001-21.jpg

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
DAMN!!!! I need to start buying better guitars.....

Very nice parker you have there, even tho i'm not a huge fan of the parker guitars.... slowly slowly... things are beginning to change....

Congrats!

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Mmmm it looks yummy and I actually mean yummy. I could lick that... :eek:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
DAMN!!!! I need to start buying better guitars.....

Very nice parker you have there, even tho i'm not a huge fan of the parker guitars.... slowly slowly... things are beginning to change....

Congrats!

Mmmm it looks yummy and I actually mean yummy. I could lick that... :eek:

Damn I love those guitars.

:agreed:

I have to say the Fishman piezos on these sound a lot better than the ones you find on most other guitars like EBMMs or older Ibanez Double Edge models. Really awesome :yesway: