NGD - Rek custom 7

• Thread starter Snoop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Hey all!
It's been a while since I posted something here. In my last topic I was asking advice of choicing a guitar. I was thinking about Rek or other custom shop - and decided to make a Rek.
And I think I made a right choice!
I received guitar some months ago, but I'm posting right now because I recorded some vids

But first, some photos:
4.jpg

My happy face (fck yeah!):hbang:
yeahli.jpg

Here is more and specifications:
REK - custom electric guitars

And video:

Dont judge sound from the video, because i have shitty mic and haven't learn how to record from amp properly.
I also have 2 videos with it on my channel (one is Defeated Sanity :mad::mad::mad:, but sound there is even worse)
Actually i really enjoy the sound of this guitar and also it's very comfortable and great looking. I'm fully pleased with the result :flame:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Like it. Simple and unpretentious, and the way controls are out of the way is something I always appreciate. :)

Because you pick like a flid? :fawk:

j/king mate :)

I do agree - simple, does precisely what it says on the tin and appears to be a great sounding + playing instrument.

Very tidy Snoop!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks very nice!
and I thought it sounded quite good!
killer playing too!

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

Fred the Shred
I enjoyed this controls placing when I had ESP stef-7, so I asked to make them the same way :) +2 coil-switches - makes guitar very universal - suits good both for clean or light blues-etc stuff to death metal :D

kmanick
Believe me it sounds much better live :) You know, recording an amp at home is really pain in ass lol + i don't have good mic :(

buffa d

Reaction score
Whoa that looks nice! Like a real working man's axe. Do you mind if I ask the price of that beauty :D

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
buffa d
Price is another good point of this guitars... not very much for a custom shop guitar :)

The guitar is kinda simple - yes! As i wanted. I wanted just mahogany body with bolt-on but not many 7s suit this easy request! Caparison Dellinger was one of them - but it's overpriced - I got this guitar with the same price I think

shogunate

Reaction score
How were REK to deal with? They're pretty lacking in online reviews and coverage, so any praise/criticism you might have would be helpful to a bunch of people :)

Congrats, that thing is dead sexy.... Like a COW sig, done proper :cheers:

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
shogunate
Yeah, I didnt know really much about them, I liked photos on their site and also the price anb building time (4 months is not a year) - also their master talked nicely via email with me. And also I found somehting on the net on ths forum and I remember I wrote to someone from polish forum (dont remember which)
Well, I can't say anything really bad...
Only few points - they forgot to make an inlays (but because of this mistake they made -100E offer for me)
And also luthier kinda dissapeared(didnt reply much) after I paid money, but maybe that was me annoying and stopping him from a job (as he said)
I'm really happy with anything else, and the main thing (sound) is awesome!

mlodysatan

Reaction score
Nice guitar :) Happy NGD !
I have to guitar from REK its Red Power.
What kind of pickups you have ? Merlin but what's model ?
Sry for my language !

Snoop

Custom User Title
Reaction score
mlodysatan
Hey i saw your guitar on their site. And here too. Do you enjoy it as me? Yes, it is merlin. Not any specific model i think - I just told to luthier my sound preferences and they made them for me (custom)